Webhosts which support external SMTP servers

I might also add, to your comment “as this is public”: I made no public reference to you or your company, or any conversation we may have had. I’m within my rights to ask any question, “publicly”. It is actually you who has now divulged details of our until-now private conversation.

I’m happy for an open, public, conversation. But your motivation for bringing forth details of our private support tickets is?.. To make it look like I’m being difficult or something? Email bandwidth for webforms is not an issue, yes. But deliverability is. I’m just asking questions.

My only reference to being public is that this is a public forum. Sorry for the confusion. The details in this thread weren’t fully accurate and, as a public resource, would help guide users to understand the topic better.

Tools such as Sendy use the HTTP based API. They are not subject to SMTP restrictions.

Email delivery typically refers to a server being on a blacklist.

Hosts wouldn’t prevent users from using different email providers for email. This is only related to using an external provider to send mail via PHP code.

Hope that helps clarify.

Greg

1 Like

I’m clarified, thanks. Mailgun deploys advanced queuing techniques to improve deliverability to servers which are sensitive to incoming volume, Yahoo for example. That’s what I’m referring to. Not necessarily whether a mail server is blacklisted or not.

I never said hosts “prevent users from using different email providers for email”. Here’s my original post: