5G - Safe or not safe. Range or no range!

i just want to point out that i’m no expert in 5G or in health of effects of EM radiation.

but if it were my town i would certainly place the onus of providing safety info to the town on whomever is installing this equipment.

I fall into the category of people that are cautious. I do not sleep router under my pillow and certainly would not live in a building or house that has a transmitter on the roof or on my wall. I see that a lot in cities.

Thank you @isaiah for informative aspect.

When I was at university studying environmental science, my philosophy professor suggested reading this research paper:

To this day, it is still one of the best papers I have ever read. You do not need to buy the paper, just read the abstract or click on ‘Full Text [PDF]’ to get the gist of what it’s talking about.

Much of it is about breaking-away from the Daily Mail / BBC reporting mentality and the notion all researchers and scientists can only base conclusions on cold-hard facts. It’s about broadening your thinking, looking at the facts you have, but conceding there could potentially be hazards we are unable to conclusively prove at the current time or state of being. And thereby adapting strategies towards mitigating unknowns and other hazards.

I would approach 5G with optimism and encouragement for individuals and businesses seeking to research and roll-out this technology. The health benefits of being able to live and work remotely in a beautiful place like Alstom are surly better than a daily trudge through the congestion and toxic air of any UK city! But at the same time, you’d probably want to think about applying precautionary principle - siting new masts away from homes and schools, dialling-down their output power and applying very stringent monitoring / reporting processes anybody can access 24/7.

I did study the impact of phone masts at university for a dissertation. But it was mostly focusing on the planning / landscape impacts (especially in relation to their placement within AONBs), rather than their health implications. The size of masts has reduced as the technology has improved, although you do need more of them to create denser networks.

3 Likes

Thanks Will

I am going to jump into this with two left feet. 5G is the most dangerous public health hazard facing us today. There are now thousands of studies detailing the risk, and for the telecommunications companies to be pushing 5G without INDEPENDENT studies is criminal. I will offer some concrete sources for you to research for yourself. This is not a reaction by Luddites to be dismissed as “well people are always afraid of something new”, but an issue being raised by credible public health and scientific personnel. And just in case you think the FCC is operating in your best interest, I offer the newly-released report by Harvard’s Ethics Department Captured Agency: How the Federal Communications Commission is Dominated by the Industries it Presumably Regulates by Norm Alster

1. Dr. Martin L. Pall, PhD and Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences at Washington State University. See his report “5G: Great risk for EU, U.S. and International Health! Compelling Evidence for Eight Distinct Types of Great Harm Caused by Electromagnetic Field(EMF) Exposures and the Mechanism that Causes Them"

2. The many resources available at: Environmental Health Trust.

3. Vermont citizens coming together to stop 5G. In Vermont a group called EMF Safety for Vermont put this video together, and are actively working to defeat a Vermont bill called Vermont 10 Year Telecommunications Plan 2018 that is about to be voted on.

4. 5G Technology is Coming – Linked to Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and Death

All you have to do is research EMF and 5G dangers to find credible information to back up the claim that it is a serious danger to health. Remember microwave technology was developed by the military, and there is a HELL of a rabbit hole regarding current/potential use/misuse-take your pick, along with appropriately scary music and graphics that delves into this. If you go down that hole you might never come up for air.

3 Likes

On the other hand, Noel Edmonds, who admittedly has no recognised medical or digital microwave theory qualifications, experience or probably no cognisance whatsoever, publicly endorses pulsed EMF, or PEMF as he refers to it, for the healing of a great many medical conditions.

See https://www.newmedltd.co.uk where you can even buy PEMF pads for pets.

Thank you ALL for your replies. I really appreciate it and I have much more info now. I’ll post what happens at our council meeting. I think it will be a lively one!!!

It’s safe… The scare mongering apparently comes from an graph that some arse got wrong during testing, it’s just snowballed since then… But the Earth IS FLAT and no Moon landings never happened…

1 Like

And microwave discovery is a spin off of RADAR, not developed by the military, The first MW Oven sold in 1947… How do people come up with BS…

If all else fails, I heard a full suit made from Tinfoil sorts most things.

1 Like

I wish everyone would ignore the Daily Fail.

I feel like this topic will be similar to Brexit. Those with irrefutable evidence to say that it will damage health and those who have irrefutable evidence to say it won’t damage health.
For myself I’m pretty sure the poor diet, large amounts of alcohol and sedentary lifestyle will get me long before the 5G alters my DNA.

3 Likes

5G operates between Radio & Microwave Spectrum, never heard people saying radio waves made then sick, some of the content yes (I’m looking at you power Ballard singers).

1 Like