A Poster 2 post is no longer showing in the Edit view

I have a strange problem whereby a post is appearing in preview, and on the published site, but is not visible in Edit mode. I’ve noticed that the date is not showing on the post even though it is appearing in the correct date order on the published site. The post in question is entitled ‘The Clay Pit (14)’ and was dated 20/05/2023 and is between posts entitled Earith (5) dated 28/04/2023 and Earith (6) dated 23/05/2023
Website https://www.bobgoesfishing.uk/
I’m attaching a screen shot of the relevant part of the Edit page. Any help greatly appreciated.

Do you see other flaws in the page? Like duplicated stacks, which aren’t there?

Do you copy text content from Word into the stacks edit area?

I have an older backup of the RW file in which the post is visible in Edit. With regard to flaws in the post I note that with that older copy the date is showing on the post, whereas it’s not on the latest published copy. Also, in the older copy the tags at the end of the post, for Species, are showing correctly as Tench, Bream whereas on the latest published site there is no comma separating them and they abut each other. I don’t copy from Word. The text is Markdown. I do copy a previous post stack and paste it as a template for a new one, but this doesn’t normally cause any issues and obviously worked fine originally, as shown in my older backup.

Well, I never encountered this kind of error.

I see errors when users copy content from e.g. Word to stacks, that with this also invisible characters are copied, which break Stacks.

I suggest you make a copy and backup of the project file and try to delete all posts step by step from edit mode. You’ll see if it appears again, or, if all posts in edit mode are gone, it still visible.

I thought it might be an unusual one! I have the older backup so may use that as a clean copy and move over the newer posts I’ve added since that backup. There are a lot of posts so I’m not keen to go down the route of deleting one by one. I did try deleting posts either side of the problem one, but that didn’t achieve anything. Thank you for looking at the problem.

Reason found!
I had been doing some updating outside of the Poster Template a little while ago and somehow the post in question had been moved outside of the template. Because I hide individual posts it wasn’t that obvious but I spotted it when I started to bring my old backup up to date.
I assume that being outside of the template it continued to show in preview/published views but wasn’t picking up the template settings. So, I caused the problem, although I’m not sure how I managed it.
Anyway, everything is fine now. Thanks again.

1 Like