Any Elementor users in the house?

Marten, I was about to comment on Oxygen! It is a website builder, not a page builder and I think it is going to knock the socks off of many WordPress page builders.

Having said that, there is a steep learning curve which might put some people off. Louis R, the author, is fantastic. There is a very active Facebook group for Oxygen. The community is lovely; Louis is also there to answer questions and actually listens to what people are saying. The development is carefully planned and the users are central to its development.

Currently, Oxygen is $99 for LIFE. I wrote to Louis asking whether he meant just version 2 to which he replied, “NO - every version in the future!” Those with Version 1 were unhappy because version 2 is a complete rewrite and not compatible with version 1. It was a rewrite because according to Louis, he was not satisfied. Those who purchased version 1 also received version 2. I have never come across anyone like Louis (other than RapidWeaver authors)! Oxygen is for unlimited sites.

Someone has done comparison between Oxygen, Elementor, Divi in terms of bloat and speed. All I will say is that Oxygen loads only what is necessary, unlike Divi, Elementor. My recommendation is to research yourself. If you go to their Facebook page, you can see what I mean.

A caveat. Someone who “reviews” WordPress plugins did a horrendous review of Oxygen; actually it was version 1. It was “updated” in January but it was still version 1 and there seems to be some animosity with this reviewer, which means people do not get a balanced view of Oxygen. This is why you must do your own research. I tried Oxygen online. You can also purchase and if you want a refund in 30 days, no problem!

My other recommendation to view is Brizy. This is similar to Elementor and still in a very new state. One problem with Elementor Pro is that there is no life time purchase. At $50 a year, this is ONLY for ONE website. It is also very bloated. There is a LifeTime offer currently before the Pro version is formally released. The same reviewer - I don’t know if it is ethical to mention his name - identified a list of features which are unique to Brizy. Usually, when placing an image, you refer to “top left” “top right” “centre” etc but in Brizy you can actually place the image yourself. As they say - wow!

Divi is perhaps the most bloated and if you disable it, you will not get clean code. I have never seen any plugin that is updated as regularly - to bug fix. In one week, it was updated almost every day! I think it is to include as many new features, but without regard for the complexes ie bugs involved.

RW is different and it depends on what website is being designed. I love Marten’s unique features; and I love Will’s “Intrinsic” which I am saving up to buy.

Another delight is Pinegrove Web Editor which comes in various formats, including for WordPress - and now includes CSS Grid!

There are many free tutorials on Elementor eg FerdyKorp.com.