Armadillo PHP 7.4 or above errors, anybody else? SOLVED

I just finished a round of testing Armadillo with PHP 8 and 8.1 without running into any issues, but have encountered errors with 8.2 that I am working to resolve. What specific error were you seeing?

2 Likes

Ah crap, I wish I had screenshot it or something. I donā€™t remember exactly what it was, but it wasnā€™t the one that started this thread. Iā€™d switch it back now to check, but someone else is using the function and Iā€™m afraid it might stop working again.

Thatā€™s good news about 8 and 8.1 though; thank you for replying and testing things.

@NimbleHost I hope you are considering providing this as a paid for update. You have been a real standout in terms of continuing to support Armadillo and it would only be fair that you charge an update for this. I am sure the legion of Armadillo users out there would be very happy to pay for such continuing support.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve fixed the errors I encountered when testing Armadillo with PHP 8.2 and pushed out v2.9.10 - and fixed the updater issue that was preventing the recent updates from appearing in Stacks. Please give it a try and let me know if you run into any issues.

4 Likes

@mitchellm @Konfuzzious @pmjd @Juergen @Bioguy Just tagging you all so you know about the v2.9.10 update and that it should be appearing in Stacks now.

2 Likes

Hi @NimbleHost Jonathan. Sorry to say that but it does not work for me. No update message fĆ¼r Armadillo.

Best, Juergen

Update shows for me using RW 8.9.3 with latest Stacks5.

Screenshot 332

Screenshot 333

Previously I had v2.9.8 and that didnā€™t find the v2.9.9 update.

@Webdeersign Strange, I use the same configuration

Iā€™m on Armadillo 2.9.9 which I got from Jonathan directly. Maybe thatā€™s the reason?

Edited:

I had to downgrade to v2.9.8 in order to get the update message.

Edit 2 @NimbleHost

However, after updating to v2.9.10 the famous SLIM error is back againā€¦

Code: 8192

@NimbleHost Yes, version 2.9.10 (1872) appeared and updated for me. Have not checked like @Juergen did so donā€™t know if I would also get the slim application error.

Update received. I havenā€™t tested it yet for any ā€˜slimā€™ errors either.

Iā€™m trying the official support for @NimbleHost too, but hoped he, or someone else, might see it here and offer some help.

Dreamhost is now charging me extra money if I donā€™t upgrade my PHP past 7.4. So, I have to find a fix for this or abandon Armadillo.

Everything works fine until the PHP is upgraded to 8 or above and then I receive the Slim error upon attempting to login. I am running 2.9.12, which I believe is the latest version of Armadillo.

This is the Slim error:

Details

Code: 8192
Message: hash(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($data) of type string is deprecated
File: /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/core/model/Armadillo_User.php
Line: 97
Trace

#0 [internal function]: Slim::handleErrors(8192, 'hash(): Passing...', '/home/rhettjay/...', 97)
#1 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/core/model/Armadillo_User.php(97): hash('sha256', NULL, true)
#2 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/core/model/Armadillo_User.php(121): pbkdf2('xxx, '^VI8n)q~uyJ8Ile...', 1000, 32)
#3 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/core/model/Armadillo_User.php(236): Armadillo_User::encryptPassword('xxx')
#4 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/index.php(696): Armadillo_User::loginUser('rhettjay', 'xxx', '//csnbiology.or...')
#5 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Route.php(395): login()
#6 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Slim.php(1145): Slim_Route->dispatch()
#7 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Middleware/Flash.php(84): Slim->call()
#8 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Middleware/MethodOverride.php(91): Slim_Middleware_Flash->call()
#9 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Middleware/PrettyExceptions.php(65): Slim_Middleware_MethodOverride->call()
#10 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/Slim/Slim.php(1097): Slim_Middleware_PrettyExceptions->call()
#11 /home/rhettjay/csnbiology.org/rw_common/plugins/stacks/armadillo/index.php(1076): Slim->run()
#12 {main}

@Bioguy I think this is a new one for me. Weā€™ve tested PHP 8, 8.1, and 8.2 without issue, but perhaps thereā€™s a configuration issue for certain scenarios that weā€™ve yet to encounter. I will try to reproduce.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, after updating to Armadillo 2.9.12, did you use the ā€œRe-publish all filesā€ option, or just publish normally?

@NimbleHost Ok, so I was putting this on hold until I could look for something else if it wasnā€™t able to be fixed and kinda forgot about it.

Then I get notification of your message. I go back to look and now it isnā€™t showing the error and appears to be working and itā€™s on PHP 8.1. I did literally nothing since I posted this message with the error. I donā€™t know how thatā€™s possible, but itā€™s working so I guess I shouldnā€™t complain? šŸ¤·šŸ»

Thanks for the update~ Sounds like Dreamhost may have done something behind the scenes, just glad to hear itā€™s working now.

been desperately trying to access some support for a weekā€¦

Completely blank page (credentials checked 100% correct). Dreamhost say :

" Upon checking the logs, it looks like the issue is caused by the MySQL
credentials in this path:
/home/quantize/boxcar.com.au/web_2023/news/files/stacks_page_page11.php"

HELP pls Mr Nimble.

Could you add Hyper.Host also? Thanks