Blocs Chat

Thanks for the heads up @Piggles and @Webdeersign - I’ll take a close look. I really need a CMS option for charity client’s site and anything that @Jannis has put together is going to be superb.

2 Likes

Looks like Blocs4 is very close. Here is a new super super slick video:

5 Likes

Thats a bloody odd Geordie accent!. @Norm’s gone all Hollywood :)

3 Likes

It looks very interesting and the many features listed on Twitter over the past wee while has seen some notable improvements and additions. Will be interesting to see the full release which can’t be too fay away.

Wondering if RW9 will get this level of additions and improvements?

Cough!

Well I’m trying to be positive and hope that this sort of competition will make RW9 better

1 Like

😂😂😂

When does B4 come out?

I did learn to use B3, but never stuck at it as although is was really good, and a better tool that RW for many, there were a few areas it’s lacked for me personally. But it’ll be interesting to get B4 and see how it’s improved.

I’m assuming it’ll be a paid for upgrade?

I don’t know the answer, but probably a good way to find out would be to follow Blocs on Twatter - https://twitter.com/blocsapp/status/1331522996348067840

I would hope it’s a paid upgrade, because small independent talented and focused developers should be rewarded. Even better if they are in the UK.

You will probably pick it up quicker now, because the Custom Class UI approach pioneered by Norm (in a Mac based Web Dev App), is what is used in UIKit and later used in F6 and given the name Swatches (to avoid alienating Weavers with anything sounding remotely like code).

1 Like

LOL

I was using custom classes in frameworks in 2001.

Need a tissue?

;-)

Fact Check: Swatches were so called because they started out as re-usable colours throughout a framework page. The name was actually suggested by @paul.russam who was also largely responsible for the feature request. They had nothing to do with general CSS or code and so the name made sense. They were not named to reflect any assumption concerning of the I.Q. of people who use drag and drop apps to build web pages and/or those who think CSS is further advanced than primate culture.

5 Likes

Now look at Norms latest video. I do think he just adds “so called new features” just to make his videos longer:)

2 Likes

Is there any word on pricing yet?

I couldn’t’t find any but I read there will be news about a Blocs and BlocsPlus today.

1 Like

Just received this…

3 Likes

Ta. Seems reasonable enough.

2 Likes

Okay, maybe I’m just super thick today but I’m not seeing how the pricing table matches my experience. I have Blocs 3. If I try to upgrade to 4 Plus the price is $95.33. Does this seem correct? Anyone upgraded to 4 Plus yet? (I realize there will be slight differences due to varying tax requirements.)

know I should watch the videos etc. but what is the difference between 4 and 4 Pro? And which equates to the old v3?

EDIT: Got two mins into the video. I don’t think it was going to tell me, so stopped watching. Production values on the video is brilliant, but it’s just too energetic for me on a Thursday evening. So does anyone know the differences?

And literally, as soon as I typed that, the email announcing B4 arrived in my inbox with links to everything!

So it looks likes v4 equals v3, but now with the added option to add some more shiny stuff via the B4+ bolt-on.

I think.

By the way, those prices are exc. VAT. So add yours accordingly.

Yep how nice, that VAT… for the Black Friday deal of v4 with the plus option and VAT I have to pay 151 USD… Thanks but no thanks.