Boostrap 5 and Rapidweaver

🤣 exactly!

Hey, I don’t mind sending them the files using Rapidweaver since they just need them created with Bootstrap. Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time I’ve encountered a situation like this. Back in 2008, I was hired by an agency to build their websites, and everything was going well until they found out I wasn’t using Wordpress. Suddenly, they were unhappy, and I had to find a stack that would allow me to update Wordpress pages with Rapidweaver, which turned out to be a nightmare.

No.

No.

3 Likes

The code output by RW using a framework based on Bootstrap, and I suspect blocs, will be very different to a site built natively in Bootstrap.

As I’ve said, if the client wants bootstrap code, use bootstrap.

Or show them why a) it’s irrelevant or b) your alternative is better, cheaper, faster, easier. If they still want bootstrap, a) stick to your guns and walk away (they often come back, unless you suck) or b) STFU and see @TemplateRepo’s reply, whining about it doesn’t miraculously add bootstrap to RW. 😂

2 Likes

Not necessarily. But for Foundry, it’s completely different, as the bootstrap CSS is included in every pages stacks CSS file. And each page load loads the full bootstrap CSS again instead using a central one.

Blankstrap and of course Blocs use a central bootstrap CSS file only loaded once, further page loads will load that file from the browser cache.

2 Likes

This you are talking about is the Cookie Banner.

When is a Cookie Banner necessary?

The Cookie Banner is a cookie consent notice that is shown on the site on the user’s first visit.

Its purpose is to inform users of the presence of cookies and to ask for their consent to their installation.

The Cookie Banner is only needed if the website releases profiling cookies. If your website has only technical cookies, necessary for the functioning of the site itself, it is not necessary to ask for any consent from the user.

In the case of profiling cookies it is also necessary to block in advance all the codes that install or that could install cookies subject to the obligation of prior consent and release them only after the users have given their consent.

1 Like

Cookie Banners? No.

But let’s remember that (but this has nothing to do with the cookie banner) you must by law compile the Privacy Policy which must be clear and complete, accessible from all pages, obviously it must also contain the identity of the data controller, i.e. the indication of who establishes “why” and “how” the collected personal data should be processed.

sorry if this post went off topic

2 Likes

Not at all, this is extremely useful. I entirely ignore the cookie stuff on my website.

When I browse, I block everything, always specify no cookies and still there is so much **** to delete constantly. GDPR is great in theory, but a total waste of time in reality.

1 Like

I’ll start a new general thread on this and call it ‘Cookies’

I’ve recently downloaded two website design software tools, Blocs and Pinegrow, and put them to the test by creating a basic website using both. Through some experimentation, I was able to successfully export the website utilizing both tools. Although my clients were content with the files exported from Blocs, they pointed out some irregularities in the ones generated by Pinegrow. I am grateful that the Blocs files met their expectations, as I was unsure of their specific requirements.

3 Likes