Can cookies break my website? HELP please

The test home page has an error from SectionsPro Animate - have you updated Sections Pro to version 3.1.1? This version fixes that - check for updates in the Stacks library

Release Note:
https://www.bigwhiteduck.com/stack-updates/?permalink=sectionspro-311

Yes I’m on 3.1.1 for Section Pro.

I think it needs republishing then because the version on that page is still 3.1.0

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 17.52.09

I’ve managed to do that and checked the new page had the 3.1.1 version.
The problem remains on refresh with clip at the top and quote disappearing.
Do you see it too?

Actually, if you do the refresh enough times sometimes the pages comes back as it should, and then gets wrong again…

The strange thing is that all the pages apart from the Contact page, are prone being clipped at the top.

I see what is happening now and it is a known Safari issue - technically, the AnimationEnd event gets cached or stuck or whatever, causing the animation to not fire on reload.
The menu appears every time just fine in Chromium based browsers.

The only solution is to simplify the menu so that the timing issue disappears - and the menu re-appears :)

If you absolutely have to animate the hamburger appearance then try just fixing it in position using the LL Menus own setting for fixed position (in the Setup group of the settings). You don’t need to use Chroma or Pin or other complicated stacks.

This may hopefully simplify the animation for Safari (is nothing else will be hiding and showing the menu) and will also reduce the stack count on your page.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I will try that, but how to explain the disappearance of the Aside stack? It can’t be linked to the hamburger, can it?

It looks consistently right in Chrome, consistently wrong in Firefox and RW, and intermittent in Safari.
When I think it used to work fine on all of them… 😫
Surely my tinkering with the Cookies stacks must have something to do with it since it was broken after that?

(For info: if I do what you say and leave the Limelight Menu in Chroma, then the hamburger never appears. If I take it out of the Chroma stack, then it appears).

Yes, that’s the Safari weird behaviour with nested animations.

I don’t see the problem with the aside in Safari or any other browser. It is always there, no matter how often I refresh the page:

That Aside always works. The one below with the “Loved it!” quote on the right disappears. Right?

What is mind boggling is the fact that the official site has Foundation 6.14 theme with 6.11 stacks, non updated Scribe, Pin and Sections Pro but all works well, on all browsers Since RW stopped behaving as it should, the site doesn’t work even with all the updates.

I urge you to update the stacks if you can. The current version does require Stacks 5 though.

I’m surprised that the second sidebar ever shows - it certainly doesn’t ever show in Chrome.

You have no content in the main content, which is causing the columns to collapse. I assumed the picture on the left would be in the column but it is not.

I have updated the stacks and it’s all up-to-date. All warning banners have gone.
RW still doesn’t behave as it did, even in RW9 (trial).
I’ll attempt a cheeky revert to 6.13 with time machine and report.

It certainly is!

What happens if you copy that sidebar arrangement to a blank page, does it work then?

Sidebar is just CSS flexbox and so shouldn’t have been affected in any way by the JavaScript changes.

I think we’ve got to the point that it might be quicker if you just send me that page only out of your project and I’ll fix it for you. The animation at the top should also be changed to on page load rather than in view while we’re on.

Yes it works fine.

I could send you one page. The problem is that all pages stopped behaving as it should apart from the Contact page…

Actually, do you see the exact same problem on the official website geometrylastsupper.com (which is working fine)?

That is working fine for me as well

I released v6.14.3 yesterday that improves some issues with FLOUC. Do you know if you tried that release?

I fixed an issue with the CSS loader. The issue described here seems like it could have been related to that bug.

Hi Joe,
Yes I saw your update and it still the same unfortunately.
I’m gonna risk Time Machine and see…

I’ve reverted back to my wonky themes 6.13.8 and stacks 6.11.11 and RW behaves absolutely fine!
I’m republishing all files of my project I called v3_BAD on the lemniscate website and it all works seamlessly.
I’m afraid to say Joe, v6.14 has something broken in it… sorry!
There are discrepancies between what tav sees on his side and what I have set on my side, (not mentioning RW not behaving).

I’ll be able to publish my teaser on time. And beware, it’s a good one! :-)
Bless Apple for Time Machine.

(For info if it helps: when I replaced the theme with the old one, the problems were still there, then when I replaced the stacks with the old one, everything got sorted.)

I meant, this:
“You have no content in the main content, which is causing the columns to collapse. I assumed the picture on the left would be in the column but it is not.”

whether you can spot a difference between the two versions of the website.
Because there is definitely content in the main content…

“The animation at the top should also be changed to on page load rather than in view while we’re on.”
If you mean the animation of the hamburger, it is definitely set On Page Load.

There are definitely some discrepancies between what you see on your side and what is set on my side.
Also see my answer to Joe.

Can you provide me with something that shows it broken? Publish to a different domain? separate webpage or give me a project?

And I strongly urge you not to mix up theme and stacks versions. If you want to run the v6.11 stacks, then you should also be running that theme version.