Easy Grid Item "span to end column"

It would be very useful to have this option too.

or a cursor where to insert the columns and/or rows to extend, example:

• span to 3 cols
  • span to 2 rows

My plan for Easy Grid is to keep things simple and options limited - as the settings there already should allow you to build a huge array of interesting grids very easily.

Although Span to end column sounds like a simple thing you need to specify which column the grid item’s starting point is - which leads to another (potentially confusing) setting.

That said i could potentially add in a ‘span all columns’ option which would be simple and useful.

Everything that you ask for is available in the likes of Grid Plus Pro and for complete control of everything related to CSS grid that would be the stack to use.

2 Likes

Thank you,
I have all your stacks, including Grid Plus Pro

Resolved

1 Like

Sorry for disturbing you,
Maestro Stuart @habitualshaker
I’m getting really comfortable with Easy Grid, I’d like to ask you,
if it is possible, you could insert this option/model into Advanced Span:

In 6 columns:

easy-grid-item {
	grid-column: span 2}

@media only screen and (min-width: 600px) {
.easy-grid-item:first-child{
	grid-column: span 6}
.easy-grid-item:nth-child(2){
	grid-column: span 3}	
}

@media only screen and (min-width: 900px) {
.easy-grid-item:first-child{
.easy-grid-item:nth-child(2){
}

😅

1 Like

I think i can see what you are trying to do with that one but don’t think i would necessarily add it as a built-in option. What I am experimenting with currently is the creation of a small batch of utility classes that could be applied on an item-by-item basis (by those that wanted to) to expand on what is available via the stack settings in terms of spans.

2 Likes

Perfect Stuart @habitualshaker , with the update to the Utility classes (Easy grid), I succeeded in my aim.
Indeed, with these classes and a little imagination, I think you can achieve fantastic results.

Thank you Maestro, thank you for your always availability, and for all the time you spend (with passion and free of charge) on our, sometimes absurd, requests.

1 Like

Thank you @Lukh !

Yes v.1.1.2 of Easy Grid added support for this option. Details on the dedicated Knowledge Base page which also has a basic demo project available for download too.

Hi @habitualshaker, the project file displays 4 even grid items at all sizes when I manually adjust the preview window? Am I missing something

Sorry , forgot to update stacks

1 Like