Formloom edits break F6 website

Just a heads up. I’ve noticed that if I make even a very minor edit to Formloom, a simple publish completely breaks my website rendering it unusable and unreadable. I haven’t had a chance to test this, but have only noticed the problem with Foundation 6 so far.

The simple workaround is to mark all pages as changed and then republish all files. Works every time.

Anyone else noticed this? I do recall an older thread elsewhere about Formloom not publishing all files. Other than this I have always found Formloom to be rock solid - still my go-to FormBuilder.

I’ll test on some other sites and see if I can find a common thread.

1 Like

Formloom is a plugin and does not work with any Stacks ( a separate plugin ) page.

Please send me a support ticket if you can’t figure out the issue 😀

Thanks Mike - I should have pointed out that I use the supplied Formloom stack to ‘import’ to a page of my choice. I’ll do some more tests and let you know - just a bit tricky with live sites!

What would you need to move to Formsnap instead?

Probably not a lot really - I have FormSnap 2 and have used it. I guess I’m just used to Formloom and have it on 50 odd sites! From memory it feels more contained rather than a bunch of stacks on the page. But maybe time to upgrade to Formsnap 3 and give it a go

Formsnap v.4 will be out soon and has features ( Rules, Calculations , …) that make it the same as Formloom.

Plus, Realmac is doing it’s best to push out third-party devs and not sure if a plugin (Formloom) update is even possible at this point. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

5 Likes

Blockquote
Plus, Realmac is doing it’s best to push out third-party devs and not sure if a plugin (Formloom) update is even possible at this point. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Hey @yabdab,

No, were not.

RapidWeaver Classic is going to be around for a very long while, so a plugin (Formloom) update is completely possible if that’s something you feel your customers need.

About your comment, a collection of third-party devs have stated they will continue to develop stacks and stacks alone, even though they will have the ability and access to develop products for RW Elements for their customers if they want.

We can’t control the decisions that third-party devs make, however we welcome those devs who have committed to “Stacks only” if they decide to change their tune and also develop for RW Elements. Everyone in the community is welcome to develop products for RW Elements, and we think that would be great for you and your guys’ customers.