Gallery 3 - remote image not working as expected

Yes I see a whole folder. I understand. Edit: Maybe a feature request to advise that there is no preview. I have been wrestling with this for days - not publishing - and wondering why nothing showed up.

Thanks, I noted this and will add such a message in a next update.

1 Like

Hejsan

I am also using this great stack on a couple of websites. I am trying to use it now on a third one, a very old Rapidweaver site that I now have made responsive by using a responsive theme. I have no problem getting the stack to show the files in the folder. On the other two sites I am using jpeg files, on this one it is png files. The owner of the site is using png. I wanted the stack to show the descritption in exif data, which works fine on the jpeg files I did before, but now I cannot get the stack to show the exif description inside of the png files. How come? URL: https://ingemann-selskabet.dk/styled-12/B-S-Ingemann/ It is not β€œlive” yet, i.e. I have not yet put it in the menu, because the descriptions are essential.
Kind Regards
Kent

Gallery Stack does not allow showing EXIF data. You are able to show IPTC data of files in a web directory (inStacks Software | Gallery Stack 3 - The most versatile and kick-ass Photo Gallery). That is a big difference.

The PHP functionality used to extract the IPTC data from the image is only working with JPG/JPEG files, not with PNG.

Ah ok that explains it. I thought I was dealing with the exif data :-) my goodness, I was also wondering why they were not showing up in an exif viewer I have :-) some times I am stupid. As I said it worked fine with jpeg. So I will convert the photos to jpeg then. Thank You Jannis. By the way it is a really excellent stack and this feature to load the photos from a folder is just wonderful.
Kind Regards
Kent

Make sure while converting to JPEG the IPTC data remains intact.

Yes I already experienced that it does not get through the convertion. Do you know how I can retain that meta data?

Bridge / PS are the optimum way to convert for retaining image metadata.

Going back to the earlier part of the discussion, jpeg is a specific image format, designed to hold metadata whereas png is, by design, a graphic file that happens to work with pictures, if you get my drift?

Yes thank you. I am using Affinity though, the other program I used to convert the png is called Resize Lite, that does not retain the data. I just found out Affinity retain the data also, so it is perfect.

Kind Regards
Kent