Having trouble getting YourHead support

(First post…hello RW4all community)

First…I am aware of and (sort of) understand that there is and has been a LOT going in re: Stacks 5, RW Classic, etc., etc. over the past few months…

Next…Please don’t pounce. I’m not a designer, developer, or coder. Just a single user who builds his own site, so…if there are goings on “behind the scenes” that I’m not aware of, well…I’m just not aware! ;-)

But…Can someone recommend a good way to access support for a YourHead product? (PlusKit)

I’ve checked multiple forums for any support comments from @isaiah or YourHead and they go back more than a month ago…

I submitted a support request (now more than 3 weeks ago)…followed up twice…still no reply.

I sincerely hope everything is OK with @isaiah and family (and anyone else who helps with YourHead).

Mike

Hi Mike,

maybe someone from this forum can help. What’s your detailed problem with Pluskit?

Cheers
Jannis

Hi @Jannis,

Thanks for your reply.

My request has to do with PlusKit’s (lack of Apple Silicon) compatibility.

A continued RW error/nag upon opening an older project, but also concerns that publishing updates to that site might break it.

And yes, it works using Rosetta…But that’s not really the point, and shouldn’t be the fix.

Where is YourHead support?

Thanks,

Mike

Is everything working under Rosetta, or do you have also there a problem with opening the old project?

FYI - https://community.realmacsoftware.com/c/ask-for-help/pluskit-on-m1

If you can explain in detail exactly what your problem is, then there will be a greater chance that someone here can help you out.

Isiah seems to be OK as he’s pretty active on Twitter: https://twitter.com/isaiah

I think he tweeted recently (days) about getting on top of the support backlog. So it’s most likely your emails to him got lost, or his to you got lost.

For what it’s worth, I think Pluskit is pretty much at its end of life. recall Isaiah posting yonks ago about it and advising people to move away from it if at all possible. It was possibly as far back as the move from RW7 to 8, which threw up a lot of issues. Most I think were unfixable.

know I was still using it back then and had issues, but following comments on the forums I moved away from it and no longer use it at all.

That may or may not be useful to you. But perhaps try contacting him via Twitter.

Frankly, as @TemplateRepo already said, I wouldn’t expect a M1 version of Pluskit.

Thanks for all your replies.

Yes, @Webdeersign…this is the same issue mentioned in that post in the RW Community.

A few thoughts:

1. If a product is NOT Silicon-compatible, it should be clearly mentioned on the product page.
  1. If ^this^ is the case, why continue taking people’s money for it? Either remove it from sale or at least put a note that it is at end-of-life. (I even recently PAID for an upgrade to PlusKit hoping that would fix the problem…but it didn’t. Not a big expense, but…they took my money.)
  1. If a BUSINESS cannot respond to support requests via the channels THEY have set up, why should I (their CUSTOMER) need to chase down the company’s owner on Twitter?

2. In my (work-in-progress) re-design, I have moved away from PlusKit…

3. I’ve been a Stacks user since Stacks 2. While I’m looking forward to seeing what Stacks 5 will bring, I’m concerned about any potential need for support based on this current situation.

This is going to be a big change for many customers (old and new) and the potential for high support traffic is definitely there.

How will YourHead handle it?

1 Like

I definitely understand your point. It’s a difficult situation for us all.

At the end, all development time currently is going to Stacks app. And without a upcoming Stacks app, there won’t be any need for solving a high support traffic in future.

1 Like

I’ve no idea. I’m just trying to help!

Well…I guess I’ll mark this one as “solved”, despite…

Still no reply from YourHead support…

It sounds like PlusKit is dead (despite still being up for sale on the YourHead website)…

As much as I was SO excited about Stacks 5…Now…I’m not so sure anymore.

Case closed…

A lot of comments on this topic a 11 days ago in this link below.

Things have changed now the RW Classic might be around to years to come.
One might expect that YourHead is focusing on the new Stacks.app.

Thanks for sharing this @A.B.Cole.

This is likely the thread others were referring to. (Another “drama and tension” thread between RMS and YH…IMO).

That said, last time I checked there still was nothing added to the product pages on the YourHead website, despite Isaiah saying he would do it (11 days ago).

Look. I get it. Things are messy. They are a small shop. But if it’s just a matter of adding “this product is compatible with Apple Silicon using Rosetta” to your website….

Yes, make Stacks 5 your priority…but don’t lose customers in the process…not for little stuff like this!

I get your anxiety, but both PlusKit and SiteMap Plus add extremely little value to your “toolbox”. Most existing users stopped using them years ago and no new customers should be tempted to start using them now. Let’s just let those two die in peace…

However, I agree that @isaiah should update info on his website and go back to coding the Stacks app.

Thanks @fapkogi

Indeed…PlusKit won’t be a part of my new build…it is dead to me!..LOL.

But really…this is more about 1) the lack of response to a support request…and 2) the lack of accurate information on the product page despite it still being for sale…

If PlusKit and others are “dead” to YourHead, just put up a notice, pull them, and be done with it.

With everything going on, I want to be clear on one last point: I’m sure that the changing landscape of RW and Stacks, and all the questions around how they will or will not coexist in the future have been stressful for Isaiah, his family, and those who support him. As a non-designer (customer) who just builds his own website, and nothing more…Stacks has been one of the coolest things I’ve ever come across! I sincerely hope they have a bright future!

4 Likes