Help! Clients emails are going straight to spam FREQUENTLY!

I have a client who hosts their site with GoDaddy.
They have a domain linked Email set up within Godaddy which is Microsoft 365 email.

Its not related to the website but Im trying to help them out.
A great deal of their emails are being treated as spam …even when they are replying to an email.
This is happening both with their domain linked email address and their Gmail address.

How can we stop this? Why would it be that they appear to be blacklisted in some way?
Their business is very reputable and they dont send out loads of unsolicited emails.
Is there any way we can find out why and is there anything that we can do?
They genuinely are missing out on business because of their emails going straight to spam

Maybe the DNS settings in the domain hosting need Microsoft’s email DKIM and SPF entries added? Not sure of exact process, but when I set-up my business Microsoft365 email, it gave me DNS TXT and CName entries that needed to be added at the domain host level. That helps map filters pass the emails as genuine. Without those, they will not match what snap filters expect and will help it go to spam.

1 Like

Ooooh thanks! I will look into that.
I dont exactly know what it means! But hopeuully can get a suport person.
My client said today that they were on the phone with Google for an hour but that the only advice they gave was tht the signature might be causing it to be spam.

I have a client who hosts their website with DreamHost, but runs their email through a GoDaddy-provided MS Outlook 365 plan. We had a similar issue. Their normal emails were fine (sent from their laptops using Outlook), but emails sent via MachForm from their website were bounced (not even delivered to spam), regardless of the method we chose (PHP mailer or authentication). I called GoDaddy tech support- they were very helpful- I had to alter the MX record of their domain. It was a bit unnerving, as I’m not a network-guy, but the GoDaddy tech assured me all would be okay. 15 minutes later, he was proved correct; absolutely zero issues since.

2 Likes
5 Likes

If you are still having issues with this let me know. I am very familiar with these types of issues and have resolved them in the past.

One thing to also check is to see if the domain is on the universal blacklists. This will create a whole bunch of issues related to what you are going through.

3 Likes

Thanks … Yes I believe it is still not solved.
How would I check universal blacklists? It seems so weird to me that both emails are having trouble (domain related email address and Gmail) so maybe blacklist isn problem

Try https://whatismyipaddress.com/

At the bottom of that page they have a security check tool which will search your ip address with the blacklist databases.

I went through this only last week and have solved the problem. It takes a few steps so let me know if you’d like to know the process.