Help Please - Deleted Project

Hello,

I had a motherboard issue on my Mac and it’s been repaired / replaced. I had to reinstall RW8 . I have found the Stacks and adding and all but 1 (the most important) project . It is no where to be found (so far) . The www works well and was published with RW8. I am pretty sure I had it set to Backup on publish as well.

When I try to download the Backup , I get a 404 error. Any help is appreciated ! !

Thanks,
Erik

Did you use a FTP Programm to look at your website directory and download the backup?

I did. I was actually just looking at those files

the html one opens up like it’s the site and all the other pages are in order. I saved the entire file to my desktop.

I just do not know how to create it as a Project again in RW … I truly appreciate any help…

Fist, you should always be a lot more than “sure” you set it up to backup: for exactly these reasons. Did you find the backup folder? It has an unintuitive folder name (which is good). For one of my projects I go into the project folder and I see this folder:

1C2ABB05-E6F7-464E-8C41-31C7AFBBCF24_rwbackup

Yours, of course, won’t have the same name, but the point is it’s very easy to pick out from your other page folders. When you go into that folder you’ll see a backup in a ZIP format. I create archived backups so I see several within the folder. Yours probably looks like below, but with only 1 zipped folder:

Thank You, that makes total sense. I see that I did not use that super important feature so it looks like Copy / Paste for me. I really Appreciate the info and I will of course use better practices on the rebuild !

Thanks again !
Erik

There used to be a tool I could use to see what adding or plugins a Rapidweaver site was using…Any idea if it still works or what it was ?

It was a stack that no longer exists. Unfortunately.