Introducing...the Source Workbook!

If you have on one half side RW, on the other the PDF, one side makes more sense šŸ˜„

3 Likes

Thanks all!

I have made a ā€˜pagesā€™ version available for download on the site now. Iā€™ll probably switch to only providing this in future (as it can then be set up as spreads by the reader).

3 Likes

I would like both. The single page PDF, so I can print out in booklet form on Create Booklet 2 and the spread, so I can view on my laptop/iPad

2 Likes

Brilliant, Stuart! Have downloaded it already. And Iā€™ve been missing a proper manual in the RW world so much ā€” there has been nothing since Joeā€™s book for RW5. Much as videos are great ways of learning, they are hopeless when you want to look something up. Elsewhere Affinity have been waving the flag for ā€˜the big bookā€™ for a while, and I love them for it. So I sense a revivalā€¦

2 Likes

great job Stuart!

1 Like

Yes - i love the Affinity books too. A big source of inspiration for this Source one :)

Single page, it just works much better on my ipad mini and phone. On my desktop I can set the reader in spread mode.

2 Likes

Single Page, please!

@habitualshaker
Hi Stuart, just bought the Source workbook, same email as my academy account (bought Lawyer/Vista)ā€¦cant access anything. Do understand things are migrating, just not sure how to proceedā€¦thanks for any instructions

Hi @Piggles - did you get an email with an ā€˜Activate nowā€™ link in it? If so then click on that.

If not then try using the ā€˜Forgot passwordā€™ option when logging in and a new one should get sent out. Let me know if you still have trouble.

And thanks for the purchase. Hope you enjoy the Workbook.

1 Like

Yes, just arrivedā€¦all OK. Thanks, great job

1 Like

Hi Stuart

No critic, I am certainly not gifted as you, but when in the ā€œAcademy siteā€, the testimonials cards have different vertical sizes. Would nā€™t it better to equal heights for these ?

Dominique

1 Like

I bought this 30 minutes ago and I am so delighted. Wish I had purchased before - I thought I was good with Source, but Iā€™m learning new and critical details already.

Great work @habitualshaker - this is a superb reference manual that is great to read too!

PS I prefer the Page option, as I can view as 2 pages if I wish, but looks better on laptop / iPad as a single.

4 Likes

Thanks @Nick!

My intention was to make the Workbook useful to everyone - regardless of their Source knowledge / experience level so is great to hear you are finding value in it.

6 Likes

Superb!

I too am loving the workbook!
A cheeky question - is your workbook based on an available template? Iā€™d love a similar presentation for a manual Iā€™m doing for my law firm - whose website was created with Source of course :)
Settlers Legal

2 Likes

Thanks @thorntonp!

No - i just put it together myself in Affinity Publisher. Happy to give you any pointers - or a starter file - if it is something you were looking to do yourself.

p.s. Love your site! It looks great.

Great site thatā€™s very much outside of the box - literally.

2 Likes

Thanks Stuart!

A starter file would be amazing!!

If I can get a head start, Iā€™d really appreciate it.

And if only half as good as yours, the finished product should look great.!

Iā€™ve been a Rapiweaver for many, many years, but Iā€™ve ditched all the themes and other frameworks in favour of Source, so please keep up the exceptional work!

Cheers,

Peter

1 Like

Many thanks!