Is your website built with a Theme or a Framework?

Last week we asked how many sites have you created with RapidWeaver? The highest number of sites created was a mind-blowing 350! Results from last weeks poll are below.

This week we want to know is your website built with a Theme or a Framework?

1 Like

I’m having a déjà vu, so I just quote @ajenks:

4 Likes

Please stop trying to stir up trouble.

Everyone that runs this forum is welcome to post on the RapidWeaver Community, in fact EVERYONE in the RapidWeaver Community is welcome to post, they just need to follow the guidelines. Simple as that.

Let’s try and keep things on topic, these questions are just meant to be a bit of fun to bring the RapidWeaver Community together.

2 Likes

Couple of new posts from @RapidWeaver seem to suggest that they finally realized that it is bad for them to piss off a large group of users. That’s why they try to mend relations with this forum. Let them do it (with caution, though). Maybe some good will come out of this situation, eventually…

3 Likes

The results for this poll are now up (along with a new question):

1 Like

RW newbee here… What is the difference between a theme and a framework? I have several themes installed - and I know I have to use certain themes with certain collections of stacks, but not sure what a framework is compared to a theme and why I should use it vs a theme?
Adrian

In a nutshell:

When you use a theme, almost all decisions about the look and most of the functionality were already made for you. On the other hand, when you use a framework, you have to build your own “theme”. All aspects of visuals and functionality depend on you alone, so although you have more work to do, you also are in control of how your pages work and how they look.

As is my own experience, a newbie prefers to use a theme. As he/she gains more experience and confidence, they move on to a framework.

1 Like

Appreciate the reply, thank you.