Layer Project Theme

Hi Lucas and all others that might read this.

I have one simple question regarding the UIkit Parallax Stacks when used in combination with the slideshow with overlay text/headings as it is used in the layer sample project.

What do the 4 steps relate to as seen in the below screen shot ?

I understand that I can modify the position with this but cannot get to understand the “meaning” of each step.

Could you please kindly clarify this for me ?

Thanks in advance
MDS

Hi @MDS, welcome to the forum!

These four slots represent the four steps available for the parallax property. You can animate both x/y axis, opacity and scale. The mode is specific for you on the slideshow. There’s also the slider and background / foreground modes, all sharing the same properties.

Hi @Lucas

Thank you for your reply.

Do you mean you choose one step per property ? For instance like:

Step 1 can start in x axis
then
Step 2 could be in Scale
then
Step 3 could be in y axis
and finally
Step 4 could be in Scale

Is my understanding correct ?

Obviously it is not compulsory to use 4 steps.

Thanks
MDS

PS: I just bought Parallaxis3

I purchased the version without the UIKit packs since I already have UIkit for Rapidweaver. Did I actually need them ? Because when I try to view the Club.rw8 for instance this is what I see:

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

MDS

Hi @MDS, nope you don’t need the packs since you already have the full UIkit package.

From the screenshot I see the stacks that come with Parallaxis were not installed.

To install drag the stack icon from the downloaded disk image and drop over the Rapidweaver icon on the dock. Restart to complete installation. Then open the included projects.

Cheers,
Lucas

Hi @Lucas

Well here’s the message I get:

So I reinstall it but still the same issue. When I search in Rapidweaver for instance for the Parallaxis Customizer it is no where to be found, so it seems it is not being installed after all.

What should I do now ?

Thanks
MDS

Let’s try manual installation: quit RapidWeaver, locate your stacks folder and drop the Parallaxis stacks in there. Then open RapidWeaver and the included projects.

Hi @Lucas

Have finally solved the issue by copying the stack directly in the add-ons folder and relaunching.

Cheers
MDS

1 Like

LOL Great spirits think alike.

Lol sure!

What about this ? Is my assumption correct ?

Thank you

MDS

Nope all 4 steps are related to x or to the y axis. For example using 4 steps you can have a layered text to go left right left right in the x axis, as the stack enters the viewport.

Hope this helps. For more in deep explanations please let me return from a quick vacation, until next week.

Cheers,
Lucas

Thanks. No problem, I get it now and will just need to play around with it a little more.

Thank you for your assistance and have a nice holiday.

Cheers
MDS