Limelight re-opening problem

Having a problem with quickly re-opening Lightbox, faster than its set animation speed. On quick re-open the animation briefly begins but then Limelight closes before completing the opening animation.

In my setup I’m closing a Limelight and opening another Limelight at once by clicking a ButtonPlus2, with two classes added in Advanced / Custom Classes.

If anyone has a suggestion thanks a lot in advance!

(RW8, Stacks4, Limelight 1.2.0.)

Before @tav jumps in with a solution, I would suspect that the animation needs more time to finish opening, and that is why the Limelight default setting is set the way it is.

In the meantime, I’m not sure I understand why a few milliseconds will make all the difference… shouldn’t we be slowing these kind of animations down, so users can see what’s actually happening…

Thanks. Just to make sure - it’s my re-opening of the Limelight/Lightbox that’s quick, not the animation. The animation I’m having an issue with is much slower than the default setting.

It seems that when a lightbox/limelight is closed before the animation is finished, either the timer for the opening animation continues, or a closing animation timer starts with the same animation duration, either of which perhaps conflicts with a new instance / re-open of the same lightbox/limelight and its new animation.

Here’s a screen recording - at the end of the video the limelight closes before completing the opening animation:

As to your note, it depends. In many cases it’s very possible to see the difference between even just a very quick fade animation and no animation. In my setup they would generally be around 200ms, but I also want a slower 1500ms animation for a lightbox opening on page load.

Could you send me the project page itself, so I can see the settings you’re using.

Sure, thanks. Here’s the RW project, I also moved the test video to this folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iZ2VxSU1MxpXEaQpKWWV_vNwXJoDrXSi?usp=sharing

Sorry for being so late to the party, its been a very busy week.

The animations will wait for completion before a re-opening is permitted. This is by design to prevent out of sync operation and associated problems. This is quite normal and in fact best practice using the animationend event.

1 Like

Thank you @tav , I will try a workaround. Maybe turn off the limelight animation, put the stuff in a new section and animate that. If it doesn’t work, I can return to using a fast animation, where the user has no chance to be quicker.