MacGPT - a free app worth checking out!

A few weeks back I demoed tapping into ChatGPT for use with Stacks/RW using Raycast and a dedicated extension (video available via link above). Since then i have found and been using a different app that makes the whole process even easier…

MacGPT is a completely free and allows you to access chat GPT directly on your mac via a global shortcut, a menubar app and even directly inline (e.g. in stacks text fields or in the likes of RW’s code editor etc!).

Well worth checking out…

9 Likes

The developer of MacGPT — Jordi Bruin — makes several useful apps, including the terrific MacWhisper. Really nice stuff.

3 Likes

Another useful tip if you want to access things directly in RapidWeaver is to add an Offsite page (set as ‘Draft’) and have it point to https://chat.openai.com/.

The beauty of this is that it is then available directly in Edit mode. i.e.:

10 Likes

Downloaded about an hour ago and have been playing around with it.

👀

Is this an example of simultaneous but independent invention? Or did RW just re-post habitualshaker without attribution?

4 Likes

What is the benefit of using ‘Ai’ in RW? Its purpose or usefulness escapes me. I am probably missing something as these days I prefer whispering to birds and trees, not computers…