Micro-blog style blog with Stacks

Is anyone running a micro-blog type blog through Stacks?

If so, how’re you doing it?

Online blog, or blogging in Stacks offline?

Either really, I’m the only one updating content. Although an online editing one would be interesting also.

And what are your requirements to make it a micro-blog type blog?

Posts that are date and time stamped. The time is important as there may be multiple posts on one day. Apart from that it’s pretty much a normal blog. Entries will be shorter and more commentary in style.

You can do this with Poster 2: inStacks Software | Poster Stack - Blog and Multi-Purpose Content Stack

There is a summer sale ongoing until today 😉

2 Likes

Poster2 would be ideal.

1 Like

I use Total CMS, of course 😃

Depending on how micro… Mastodon, with Will Woodgates free Masto stack.

You could even run your own instance of Mastodon.

I am doing that… I would not recommend it. It’s way more work than I anticipated. Not sure how much longer I will keep it up.

When I say you can run your own, I meant you can get your own instance with a company that does everything for you, roughly €5 a month. I have heard that actually installing your own instance is a bit of a ballache.

Thanks folks, really helpful. I certainly don’t want to go down the mastodon route, too many moving parts and maintenance. If i’m going to pay €5 a month or for Total CMS, I may as well sign up with micro-blog.

I have Poster 2 which seems the best option here.

1 Like

You can also look at blogspot https://www.sds82.com/products/blogspot-stack/

Thanks for that, it’s an interesting solution.

Another possible approach is to center it all around a markdown stack. I’m assuming you really mean a “micro” blog where entries are likely only 1-2 paragraphs. There are lots of ways to fancy this system but the key ingredient for me would be using Will’s Jump stack:

Using this stack you could create easy navigation to all items on one page in your micro blog. Maybe one page is equivalent to one month.

The Jump stack will also allow a person to navigate to next/prior pages. So within page navigation (e.g. all the monthly entries) and between page navigation (to all the various months) could be handled by this one stack.

Of course, Poster will handle a blog very well. It just seemed you might be looking for some out-of-the-box approaches. This idea may or may not work for you … but wanted to throw it out there as an option.

1 Like

I quite like that, thank you. It’s amazing how flexible the whole Stacks system is.