New site soon to go live ... any observations?

Looks great on my ipad 2.

What IOS have you got on your iPad2?

God knows. Never use it.

Oh I see.

Late to the party…
Didn’t notice any Androids above. I tested with Huawei phone and tablet and found everything working perfectly.
My only ‘gripe’ — the hamburger is white before scrolling, as opposed to gold. when clicked, the white hamburger doesn’t show up against the white bg of the menu.
Yes, I can click or tap the menu background to close it, but a few users are going wonder how to exit.
“I’m a Windose user, get me out of here!”

Damn!, I was hoping nobody would notice that 😜

I’ve got Chroma changing the colour of the svg from white to gold as it scrolls, it works well but… it ends up being white on white when the menu’s open when it’s still over the header images.

I’ll see what I can do.

Fixed

I love the scale/ruler on the right!
Cool site Paul!
Thxs 4 shareing.

Wouldn’t have expected such a lazy fix from the great PR!

I would

Great looking site, Paul! Don’t know if it matters or not, but at least on my Surface, nothing comes up at all in IE11. But, in Edge, it’s beautiful. Love the frame on the left side, and the ruler on the right is a very nice touch.

I almost take it as a sense of pride that is does’t work in IE :)
You should have seen a “FFS update your shitty browser” message though (or something to that effect). Did you see that?

lol- I love the message! I didn’t see it, but maybe it was blocked by out IT department. IE 11 is totally locked down, and I can’t touch the preferences. Thankfully, I only use it for testing my websites. Even though it’s a top of the line Surface- I despise it.

With luck the new Edge will eventually banish MS’s ‘our way or the highway’ approach and we’ll get browser parity … or close to it.
I get why some intranets are locked into IE but I also have to assume (liked you mentioned) that’s business that are that locked down wouldn’t be able to get to the site with any browser anyway.

1 Like

Just because Win10 has Edge, don’t forget that there is a huge base of of IE11 XP and Win7 out there who can’t run Edge and would even run if it was auto installed.