One Little Designer - Fantastic Support

Let’s start Monday with a big positive. Just want to sing the praises of Jonathan Meadows aka One Little Designer. As always his support is second to none. I bought the Cycledex stack on its release, it is yet another fantastic aesthetically thought out stack from 1LD. If you haven’t seen it you have to go and have a look, it is a really fantastic stack. I had a couple of issues with it displaying on an old iPad, Kindle Fire, a couple of friends older phones and weirdly the RW simulator (the RW simulator must be mimicking older rendering code or something, just a guess). Everything worked as expected in more up to date browsers Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

After a support request, 1LD sent me an updated version of the stack. This worked fantastic, with the display issue solved, but then I discovered the links from Cycledex would put up a spurious border around them when hovered. Contacted 1LD again and a couple of days later 1LD sent another version of the stack, all issues with older browser/devices sorted and working beautifully.

You have to love the Stacks community, where ALL the stack devs are not faceless companies, but are individuals that take pride in the products they produce and you can speak to directly if something is not quite working as expected for your own individual needs. I appreciate that must be difficult for devs as there can be so many variables with many individuals doing many different things with stacks, so therefore a wide range of outcomes that can deal the unexpected.

So a big thank you to One Little Designer, once again always endeavours to get to the bottom of any issue.

9 Likes

I second that. And 1LD don’t often get the credit they’re due in RW discussions. Jon produces a constant stream of well-made, innovative stacks which push the boundaries of what we can do (as well as adding considerably to productivity). Last year, when dark clouds gathered over the future of RW/Stacks, 1LD kept publishing new stacks. Indeed, by their commitment to developing new products, Joe Workman and Jonathan Meadows, in their different ways, did a great job of keeping alive the optimism that this can still be a great platform. A big shout out to them for that.

7 Likes

Agreed. Jon’s support is superb, as is his documentation. There’s not many 1LD stacks I don’t own - most are an instant buy.

Just asked about a specific feature of Pagelit 2. He got back to me quickly, saying that it’ll be in an upcoming release, and that he’ll send it to me to test after purchase.

Service second to none, alongside Will Woodgate and Elixir, IMHO.

5 Likes

I also have found Jonathan to be very responsive and in tune to my needs. I had a problem with his article stack and he went into my site and discovered that the problem was with another stack that I was using on that page. Apparently when some stacks get updated, problems can arise with other stacks. In any event he gave me a solution to my problem.

3 Likes