Recomendations for a server to local backup solution

For the last few years I’ve been using Syncovery to backup my servers to my local machine. It’s been fine, bit clunky and the interface is not the best, but mostly it works.

However, they’ve just pulled the software app trick of getting me to update to a newer version, then telling me, after it’s all done, that it’s a paid upgrade, so will cost me €50. This trick alone means I’ll no longer use it, let alone give them money. I wouldn’t mind paying to upgrade, but these businesses need to be transparent about it. Don’t con us into upgrading, then announce we have to pay. Tell us we have to pay and give us the option.

So I need an alternative.

I had Syncovery set to copy the server to a local external SSD at selected time at night: Server 1 at 1am, server 2 at 2am, and so on.

I had it setup to be non-destructive. So while new file are copied, old ones are not deleted.

I’m looking for something that can do the same. Or as close as poss.

Anyone any suggestions?

In my opinion there is nothing better than Chronosync from Econ Technologies - been using for years and multiple times per day for various local / network / cross-platform syncs - never failed and super support - oh and all updates are FREE for life

1 Like

Carbon Copy Cloner:

https://bombich.com/

Does it make backups of remote servers? I’m looking at the site, but it’s all images over actual answers.

And, can it make a bootable clone drive? Thanks.

Idk exactly. You can download a 30 days test version.

I guess as long as you’re able to mount the external server, the app is able to copy the content to a local drive.

Yes, it can create a clone drive of the current machine, bootable.

1 Like

When you say ‘remote server’, do you mean your online server or a clients server… or do you mean a local hard drive?

If the latter, then SuperDuper is a great option.

1 Like

I mean an online server.

I use SD for local drive back ups, it’s brilliant, used it for years.

SuperDuper user since 2005…