Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU

You should know by now, NEVER call yourself a brit, you’ll get shot. Call yourself English. Everyone will hate you just as much, but at least you’ll live.

;-)

If I call myself British there’s always the chance someone might assume I’m Scottish or (god forbid) Welsh, calling myself English ensures I’m instantly regarded in the lowest possible std. :)

Good point.

But they’ll also assume you’re a solder.

So it’s considered lowest of the low, or shot.

Your call.

(personally, I’d rather be shot than mistaken for being Welsh.)

Wasn’t @Webdeersign Gary Welsh ?

He was.

Sort of. Irish but living in Wales. Funny enough, I started to apply for an Irish Passport (which I am entitled to) yesterday for a soon to expire UK passport, but can’t get it quick enough in time for a trip. So regrettably, I have to renew my UK passport.

Would never consider myself a Brit though.

2 Likes

As a Brit who has brothers who are part of ‘the old boys’ club, even though I’m not (timing of divorce, my brothers have the tie and the handshake, I didn’t go to that school) I understand that what the general populous want matters very little when the people with money have made a decision. They got every leg up on very little skill as long as they played the game.

The old money, meaning the families that made their money many years ago, have decided that they are making less money when the UK is a part of Europe. They’ve spent a great deal of money and power to ‘take back control’ so they can protect their fortunes for years to come. They’ve stoked the fire of the poor very well and this is where we find ourselves.

3 Likes

Friday is the day… All good things come in threes.

Finally someone with some sense speaks openly:

3 Likes

Good old Betty!!

LINO should have bowed out in December; now it looks as if this absolute chaos is about to continue until Halloween!

"The choices we now face are stark and the timetable is clear.

So we must now press on at pace with our efforts to reach a consensus on a deal that is in the national interest."

So apparently now May says that the “choices we now face are stark” and thank goodness the timetable is clear. All that wishy washy 11pm on 29 March 2019 stuff lacked any clarity.

Any deliverable BREXIT is not desireble; any desirable BREXIT is not deliverable.

1 Like

The way forward is obvious.

1. Forget a deal to leave on, it’s not going to happen. It never was.
  2. Start doing what should have been started in 2016: Planning to exit without a deal.
  3. Put this plan to people with the option to remain.
  4. Abide by the result.

This is what should have happened before the referendum. Cameron was a total dick to call it before having the slightest idea of what leaving would look like. It’s just about the dumbest thing any PM has ever done. it just left the doors open for those with an agenda to lie their arses off to get what they wanted.

Personally, I think A50 should be revoked and the whole process started over, inline with points 1-4 above, that way we have no deadline. But that isn’t going to happen.

In truth, I’m beyond caring anymore. My Irish passport will be here soon, then I’m off to Spain. Fuck you all :-)

Only if they let you in and provide you with Medical care.

I had to get my passport renewed quickly a couple of weeks ago for a trip, and looked into getting an Irish passport. They make it difficult for Irish citizens not living in Ireland, to get a passport with any commitment of when it will be delivered saying they are experiencing high volumes of applications and give priority to those living in Ireland. So very regrettably, I renewed my UK EU passport and within a week got a new UK EU passport issued after March 29. That’s me sorted for the next 10 years when no doubt, Brexit will still be rumbling on.

Ireland will remain in the EU, so that’s kinda a given!

Most likely I’ll declare my businesses and “relocate” them and so have to pay into the state system over there*, which automatically gets me (and family members) full medical care, plus a state pension after 15 years. Spain has one of the best pension systems in the EU. I costs about 300 yoyos a month, but it’s well worth it.

• I’ll have to register for VAT too, which is a bollox.

If I decide to “hide” the businesses in Ireland, I’ll just take private medical insurance.

We’ve most of this stuff pretty well planned out and covered, the move to Spain isn’t a recent idea, we’ve always planned to go once the girls are thru uni.

I just hope Theresa’s factoring in your plan into her plan, which she states is in the interest of the British public.

You seriously think I would make any plans that rely on any plan she or her government have? I think not! My cunning plan is Mayproof.

The mad bint can declare war on the EU, it won’t change a thing for me.

I’m so glad I have nothing to do with this.

2 Likes

I quite agree. What almost everyone, especially in the media, ignores is the democratic deficit in the EU. The legislative bodies of the EU, the Council and the Commission have one vote per country, however large or small. Malta, with a population of about 431,000, has one vote and the UK with a population of about 66 million has one. The European Parliament is not much more democratic because there are minimum and maximum MEPs per country. Malta has 1 MEP for every 71,833 people, Germany has 1 MEP for every 854,166 and the UK (for some reason) has on one MEP for every 904, 109 people.