RWC 9.2 and Stacks5 (latest version) super crashy. Anyone else?

In recent weeks I’ve had notifications that both RWC and S5 had an update waiting. I did both, about five days apart. And since the whole thing has gotten super crashy. Most often when I open a file.

We’re talking it craches about 1 in 5 opens.

Anyone else?

since the last update of stacks - i also have more craches. especially large projects crash more often …

2 Likes

Yep. Same. It’s the larger ones.

Anyone know how to get older versions of Stacks 5?

I did blank now, but forgot!

3 Likes

Thanks Jannis. Appreciated as ever.

1 Like

Yep, also experiencing multiple crashes per day.

Crashes multiple times. I figured it was Sitemap Plus, RW9.2 and Stacks 5…The only solution was to trash cache and reboot.

Same here. We need Stacks App ASAP. It’s going to be worse.

2 Likes

Does this also happen if you disable Rosetta for RW? The combination of Stacks 5 and RW 9.2 has been the most stable for me with hardly any crash at all - but I do not use any plugins which require Rosetta like SiteMap plus etc.

1 Like

Zero crashes for me in the last year. Using RW 8.9.3, Stacks 5.1.2b7. Nothing like SiteMap or other tools that might require Rosetta.

1 Like

Hmm… let me check that one out.

RW 8.9.3 + Stacks 5.1.2 is rock solid for me. I know that this update did fix some crashes for a lot of users though.

1 Like

Same here, no problems with 8.9.3 and latest Stacks.

Have to agree that RW 8.9 and the latest Stacks 5 has been the most stable combo in quite sometime.

1 Like

No issues running RW 8.9.3 & Stacks 5.1.2b7

I used to have super hard time with this combination of RW and Stacks on my old computer with 16GB of memory. It was very slow and very crashy. I assumed that was due to my very complex pages.

Now I got a Studio running Ventura, with 96GB of memory and it is a smooth sailing.

UPDATE: Sorry, I am running RW 8.9.3, not 9.2…

👀 …

1 Like

Yeah, I do some photo and video work besides RW, so I need a lot of memory. But in general, the more memory you got on your computer, the better everything runs. 😎

2 Likes

No crashes for me. In fact I’d say more stable than before. Like others, not using Rosetta.