RWC not responding with Poster2 stacks page

That is huge. Take Jannis’ advice and start warehousing all your images. Not only your Poster’s performance will improve, but so will the general performance of the app.

If you don’t know how to warehouse your images, you can get the free “Guide to warehousing website files within RapidWeaver” eBook from Will Woodgate. Just go to this address.

The in-cart price is $0.00.

1 Like
1 Like

@fapkogi indeed this really big. I wonder why? Just checked the folder size of the website and found that the whole httpdocs folder is only 263MB.

Compared to one of my oldest websites I maintain (>10 years) which has a project filesize of 59MB on the Mac and 85MB on the host. This is even more strange.
Are there any tools to clean up an existing RWC project?

Most probably hidden stack images, which aren’t used any more.

Not to my knowledge. I guess with Stacks Pro this issue will resolve itself.

They seem pretty big to me. 300kb x 65 = 20Mb!!!

Janis’s advise to use warehoused images is the solution to all of your problems here. In the first instance, if you make the blog images warehoused images, you instantly lose 20Mb from that RW page.

IMHO RW Site images should habe been killed off 10 years ago. If you have any site images in a project there should be a warning before you publish or save, IMHO. Unfortunately many developers and RM do not seem to understand the importance of warehousing all images and consequently the majority of image stacks don’t even support it.

I have written quite a bit about image optimisation on my blog which you might find useful. 300kb seems too big to me so check your images are no wider that you are controlling them to be displayed. Eg if you are controlling their width (and you shoud be) to be up to 1700px, then size all images so they are no wider than 1700px.

Try some image optimisation using Squoosh (NOT Squoosh App) and see if 75% optimisation is acceptable.

Regarding the RW page growing in size, search bloat here as this topic has been discussed at great length. The solution is also to use warehoused images throughout your project, but additionally to never ever ever ever have more than 1 RW project open at one time. It is possible to reduce the size of bloated project files as I and other have successfully done so.

Regarding the RW crashing issue, this is nothing to do with Poster. I experience RW crashes almost daily and have done so since 2015. RM blame Stacks yet until recently RM didn’t share the RW crash reports with Isaiah!

Things I have learnt to avoid crashing soon after opening a RW project are:
Before you quit or close RW, select Edit mode and for good measure create a blank simple theme page with no content, set to draft, and before you quit, select that page. That will give RW the best chance of starting up without crashing.
Again only use warehoused images to keep the file size smaller.
If you open a project and you get a stupid message to say the file has been modified and do you want to Save it, always select NO.

1 Like

I guess there are even more than one images per blog post.

Yes @Webdeersign I will start warehousing with the images for the next blog entries. Maybe I will convert even the previous entries too; one each month. This should keep the current filesize constant or make it smaller.

You should really do it for all of the images. If you do it for the new ones only, you will still have the current 20Mb of images in your file.