Scrollbars in my lightbox

I am trying to display 1LD’s Pagelit 2 stack in a limelight lightbox, but am getting both horizontal and vertical scrollbars, when there really isn’t any need. I have Limelight set Full Screen Modal, with Content Height set to Auto. I have the lightbox set to Size to Stacks content.
A test page with just the relevant stacks is at: https://disappearance8.codecandyblue.com/test/
Click on the book to launch Limelight.
Any thoughts as to what is going on would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gregory

Hi Gregory,

It’s usually an overflow issue, in this case it looks like you have overflow set to auto in the limelight settings, rather than hidden.

1 Like

@GregoryCCB You are seeing the scrollbars because Pagelit is explicitly setting its height after Limelight has opened the lightbox. The result is that the content is taller (and potentially wider) than the lightbox and it will need to scroll.

Limelight exposes an event to the browser when it has resized. If Pagelit did the same then we could get Limelight to recalculate its size whenever Pagelit changed its size. I am, however, not aware of any such Pagelit events that we can watch for to trigger the resize.

1 Like

Hejsan

I reviewed the test page with the book of herbal recipes you shared and noticed some intriguing ingredients like burdock, woodruff, madder, elder, mandrake, and ivy. While these may have historical or artistic significance, I wanted to highlight some potential considerations:

• Burdock is generally considered safe but may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
  • Woodruff contains coumarin, which can have blood-thinning effects and may cause liver damage in large quantities.
  • Madder can be toxic to the kidneys and potentially carcinogenic.
  • Elder (Elderberry): The raw berries, leaves, stems, and bark can be toxic if not prepared correctly. Cooking the berries can neutralize these toxic substances.
  • Mandrake: Contains alkaloids that can be highly toxic, leading to serious health issues, including hallucinations, vomiting, diarrhea, and even death.
  • Ivy: Depending on the type, it may contain compounds that can be irritating to the skin and mucous membranes, leading to symptoms like difficulty breathing and convulsions.

I want to emphasize that if someone sees the book you linked to and thinks these are just innocent teas, they should understand that these are actually herbal medications. They should only be administered by a trained herbalist or healthcare provider who understands the proper preparation and potential risks.

Best Regards

Why are you using Limelight at all Gregory? PageLit has its own lightbox.

1 Like

I did contact 1LD about the issue, and he sent me some CSS to add to my code section to for hidden overflow, as @Marten figured out in his response above. That did the trick.

Thanks Kent, for alerting me to these concerns. I make web-based escape games, and my content is a) very clearly in the fictional universe of the game, and b) not available to anyone who didn’t purchase the game for play. So hopefully that will keep anyone from accidentally happening upon the book and trying to replicate the fictional recipes IRL!

1 Like

Rob, I am using Limelight because the book is among a number of items that the user needs to view, so limelight is launched as a carousel, and the user navigates among some pictures, iframes and virtual books to look for clues to solve a puzzle. So I don’t have an individual trigger for each lightbox.