Stacks Summit 2024 - Session Sneak Peak

I’d like to shift the tone slightly and share something I found quite enlightening. Just yesterday, I stumbled upon an engaging interview with him. In it, he reveals the modest earnings from that appearance, yet what struck me most was his demeanor. He comes across as genuinely amiable, effusive in his praise for others—a truly positive perspective. It’s refreshing to see such positivity.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC1r-grOu1c

3 Likes

This is fabulous news, and I’d love to attend if I could afford the fee and the time.

I know who will gladly pay the fee to hear @isaiah

@RapidWeaver.

1 Like

Oh, thanks for the tag @davidfreels, but we are really busy building RapidWeaver Elements. I’m not sure anybody on the team has time to attend the Summit this year.

We wish all the speakers and attendees the best though and hope everybody has fun learning some new things. :)

2 Likes

Hahaha.

Yeah, right.

Stacks Summit 2024 is now officially just one month away! I have been working hard over the past 2 weeks to make sure that this is going to be an amazing event. I feel really good about it. Last week, I revealed the first 5 talks and the feedback has been exciting. I have had a couple common questions that I wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of…

What is the summit schedule?

I am still working with speakers to schedule the exact times for their talks. However, the talks will start at 10am PST and will last for 6 hours each day. See what time that is in your timezone.

There are also optional hangouts 3 times each day… before, in the middle and at the end of each day. Some of the best parts of the conference happen during these hallway track where we get to meet and mingle with other weavers and developers.

We have attendees from all over the globe and this time is the best that we have come up with over the years to cater to weavers from Australia, North America, South America, Europe and the Middle East.

Are the sessions recorded?

Some attendees will not be able to watch some of the talks live. Every session will be recorded and the recordings will be made available as soon as possible. There are no time limits to your access to the videos. If you purchase a ticket to the summit, you will always have access to those videos.

The Next 5 Talks

So here are the next 5 talks that will be at the summit next month. These are some extremely high value talks. I cannot wait to learn from these.

Protect and Prosper: Mastering Backup and Versioning for Stacks Projects

Safeguarding your work through effective backup and versioning strategies is paramount. Join Jannis Rondorf, from inStacks, for a comprehensive dive into the essentials of protecting and managing your Stacks projects. This session will cover everything from the intricacies of internal project package/bundle content to the advantages and disadvantages of various backup strategies, including cloud storage solutions and considerations for project file sizes and warehouse image management. Most importantly, Jannis will provide a hands-on guide to utilizing GitHub for free backup and versioning of your Stacks projects. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced Stacks user, this talk will equip you with the knowledge to implement robust backup and versioning practices, ensuring your projects are secure and efficiently managed.

Breaking Boundaries: Supercharging Foundry with Foundation 6 Swatches

Within the Stacks community, Foundation 6 and Foundry stand as titans, each offering unique advantages for crafting exceptional websites. Typically, users find themselves choosing between these two powerful frameworks, but what if you didn’t have to choose? Join Ryan Smith, of RW Classroom fame, in an enlightening session that breaks down the barriers between Foundation 6 and Foundry. Discover how you can leverage the strengths of both to enhance your web design projects. Ryan will guide you through the innovative process of integrating Foundation 6 swatches into the Foundry theme and stacks, revealing a new level of design flexibility and creativity.

Foundations of Accessibility: Building a Web for All

Join Guy Woodland as he demystifies the essentials of digital accessibility in web development. This enlightening session will cover the fundamentals of the WCAG guidelines, introduce tools for preliminary accessibility testing, such as WAVE and Lighthouse, and emphasize the critical role of manual testing beyond automated checks. Discover the importance of making your web projects inclusive and accessible, ensuring a barrier-free digital experience for all users. Guy’s talk is an invaluable resource for developers looking to integrate accessibility into their workflow from the ground up.

Digital Defenses: Advanced Password Management Strategies

In an era where digital security is more crucial than ever, Scott Pam delves into the vital importance of robust password management for web developers and their clients. Through a series of compelling real-world scenarios, Scott will highlight the common pitfalls and dangers of inadequate password practices, including the repercussions of breaches, phishing attacks, and the alarming simplicity of compromised accounts. This talk will offer invaluable insights into the myriad security risks associated with weak password policies and the steps necessary to safeguard online presences, from websites to social media and financial accounts.

Semantic HTML: Crafting Accessible & SEO-Friendly Web Pages

Take a dive with Bret Carmichael into the often overlooked aspect of web development, semantic HTML. This session is designed to take you back to basics, emphasizing the critical role of using semantic elements — such as , , and — in structuring your web content not just for visual appeal but for accessibility and search engine optimization. Bret will share insights on strategically ordering elements to improve user experience and how structural data can dramatically enhance your site’s visibility to search engines.

I have one more post coming for the last few sessions. But we are not done after that! I am working with all of the developers to put together the biggest and most awesome goodie bag we have ever had for the summit!

Looking forward to seeing you online and as always… Go forth and make your websites great!

Cheers,
Joe

6 Likes

@joeworkman Will these talks be available after the Summit? If so, what will be the access fee then?

The videos will be available after the summit. However, the cost is the same as if you were to attend. So I recommend getting the ticket now and trying to attend what you can if you cannot make the entire weekend.

2 Likes

Here are the final set of talks to round out the 2024 Stacks Summit. I am getting super stoked to listen to all of the talks this year. I think that this year has the most diverse suite of talks that we have ever had. We even have 6 new speakers this year.

Stacks Summit is an Online Virtual Conference

In case you did not know, the summit is a 100% virtual online event. You get to attend the even from the comfort of your home or office. The entire summit is done via Zoom. The talks start at 10am PST and will last for 6 hours each day. See what time that is in your timezone.

I hope to have a preliminary schedule for the talks by the end of this week. If you are going to miss some of the talks, do not worry. They will all be recorded and uploaded to as soon as possible. There are no time limits on your replays. You can watch them as many times as you want, for as long as you need them.

Without further ado, here are the final 5 talks for Stacks Summit 2024…

Bionic Determination: My Journey with Stacks Pro

Join Isaiah Carew for an inspiring deep dive into the trials and triumphs behind the creation of Stacks Pro. This session offers a unique opportunity to hear first-hand about Isaiah’s relentless journey through unforeseen challenges, including a life-altering accident that left him with months of recovery and new “bionic” body parts. Despite these obstacles, his determination to bring Stacks Pro to life never wavered. Isaiah will share the lessons learned from this period of personal and professional adversity, emphasizing the power of resilience, innovation, and community support.

Developers Decoded: Your Favorite Stacks Creators Up Close

For the first time in history, the brilliant minds behind the Stacks community’s most beloved tools and frameworks are coming together under one virtual roof! This unprecedented panel session offers a rare opportunity to dive deep into the world of Stacks development, directly from the pioneers who shape it. Whether you’re curious about the creative process, seeking insights into future developments, or have burning questions you’ve always wanted to ask, this is your moment. Engage with your favorite developers, uncover the stories behind their innovations, and get a glimpse of what the future holds for Stacks. This interactive session is not just a meetup; it’s a chance to connect, learn, and be inspired by the individuals whose work powers your web projects. Don’t miss this unparalleled opportunity to interact with the Stacks developer community in a way that’s never been possible before.

Elevating Websites: Journey with Databases

Join Bill Booth as he takes you on a journey to the robust capabilities of SQLite and MySQL databases. Bill will share his personal evolution in using databases to supercharge websites. Discover how databases can unlock new potentials for your web projects, enabling more complex and interactive features. Bill will demystify the process of learning and integrating database technologies, providing attendees with the knowledge and confidence to start implementing SQLite and MySQL into their own web designs.

Stacks Storefronts: Navigating eCommerce

Join Ricardo Ruggiero, from Axyn, as he demystifies the process of selecting the perfect eCommerce solution for your Stacks website. In the vast sea of online selling platforms, making the right choice can be daunting. Whether you’re building an online store from scratch or looking to upgrade your existing setup, this talk will cover crucial factors such as integration ease, scalability, security, and user experience. Discover the key features that set apart the best eCommerce platforms and learn how to align them with your specific business needs and goals.

New Stacks Era: The Next Chapter Starts Now

Step into the future of our community with Joe Workman as he presents a pivotal “State of the Union” address for the Stacks and Weaver’s Space community. This not-to-be-missed session will provide an in-depth look at the current status of Total CMS3, alongside an exciting unveiling of major projects set to launch in 2024. Get ready for the introduction of Weaver’s Space Academy, a groundbreaking initiative designed to empower and educate the community like never before. But that’s not all – Joe will also reveal two other monumental surprises that promise to redefine what’s possible within the Stacks ecosystem.

If you have any questions regarding the summit, please do not hesitate to ask. I am committed to making this summit, not only the best one yet, but the most integrated. I want to bring the entire Stacks community together for the first time ever to kick off a new era in our web design journeys. I am excited for it.

5 Likes

2006 is on the phone. Wants it slang back.

:-)

5 Likes

I haven’t been active in RW for a number of years but I try to keep my eye in.

But I’ve got to say ….Some of you are asses, If you don’t like something, ignore it instead of this public schoolboy race to the bottom.

It’s pathetic and to an outsider it does nothing other than damage the rep of the product you effin rely on for your livelihood!

3 Likes

Chill out* big laud. Just a bit of banter.

*c.1994

5 Likes

I agree. I remember you from a previous era and much respect for your quality work. Problem with internet forums is they all have a Statler & Waldorf. This one is no different.

1 Like

With the Stacks Summit just around the corner on April 5-7, we understand that some of you might still be weighing the decision to attend. To help sway your decision, I’ve curated a special highlight reel featuring standout moments from previous years’ talks. This video showcases the incredible insights, innovation, and community spirit that define the Stacks Summit, with engaging snippets from talks by fellow weavers Mari Pfeiffer, Davide Fanchin, and Eric Vaughn.

This glimpse into the summit experience is just a taste of what you can expect from this year’s event. The Stacks Summit is not just a conference; just as the motto says, this is an event where we learn, teach and have fun. It’s an opportunity to meet and connect with your fellow weavers and developers from within the community.

Whether you’re looking to enhance your skills, discover the latest trends in web development, or connect with fellow weavers, the Stacks Summit is the place to be. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be part of something truly special.

https://stackssummit.com

5 Likes

⏰ Set Your Clocks: Full Stacks Summit Schedule Inside + Easy Calendar Add!

We’re thrilled to announce that the final schedule for the Stacks Summit is now ready! Prepare yourself for an exciting lineup of talks, spanning across three action-packed days.

To ensure you don’t miss a moment of insight, innovation, and inspiration, we’ve meticulously mapped out the schedule for you.

For your convenience, we’ve also created a way for you to integrate this schedule directly into your personal calendar. Simply visit Weavers Space Calendar to subscribe. Once subscribed, you’ll have all the talks and their times at your fingertips, automatically adjusted to your local timezone.

Speaking of time zones, we understand they can be a bit tricky. The first talk each day will start at 10am PST. If you’re unsure what this translates to in your local time, please use this handy tool: Check Your Time Zone. And remember, if you subscribe to the calendar, the timing will automatically be converted to match your calendar app’s settings.

This Summit promises to be our best yet, filled with engaging talks and invaluable insights. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or new to our community, there’s something for everyone.

Don’t forget to mark your calendars and subscribe for a seamless Summit experience. We can’t wait to share these incredible days with you.

See you at the Summit!

Cheers,
Joe

3 Likes

Excitement is building as we count down to the Stacks Summit starting this Friday! We have a new highlights video that includes memorable moments from previous summits. The video features talks by Bret Carmichael, Paul Russam, and Josh Hardwick. Watch it to get excited! If you haven’t seen our last highlight reel, now’s your chance to catch up on what you’ve missed.

Watch the Latest Highlights Video Now and see the dynamic discussions, innovative ideas, and engaging community interactions that make the Stacks Summit a must-attend event.

Wondering about the summit logistics? We offer a 100% virtual setup, so you can attend the summit from home or office. With live Zoom sessions and three daily hangouts, you can participate in real-time with speakers and other attendees for an immersive learning and networking experience.

The summit kicks off this Friday, and it’s your last chance to secure your spot. Whether you’re looking to polish your skills or are hungry for new knowledge, the Stacks Summit promises valuable takeaways for everyone, regardless of skill level.

Secure Your Ticket Now and join a vibrant community of web enthusiasts eager to share, learn, and grow together. Let’s make this year’s summit the best one yet!

Cheers,
Joe

2 Likes