Sticky Stack inside 2 column Source Grid Stack

I’m using the regular Grid stack, one of my columns is taking up more vertical space that the other column. I want to make the column with less content stick so it always remains in view as I’m scrolling down the page until it gets to the end of the content in the other column. Is this possible with the Source Sticky Stack?

Yes - absolutely. The key with doing this with the grid stacks is to adjust the value for Fill mode (grid stack) or Block align (Grid Plus) in the parent grid stack to be top (as opposed to the default option of fill.

A bit more info is available on the Knowledge Base.

2 Likes

It’s not working for me. I should have gone into more detail about how I have this grid setup. I’m using a regular 2 column grid, inside the second column I have an additional 2 column grid. The first column is just normal content, in the second column I have an image in the main part of the second column, but then inside the additional 2 column that’s there I have more images. I’m trying to make that entire second side stick as I scroll.

To stick a grid item/column it is best to use the ‘reusable css class’ option in the Sticky stack and then add that class name (default is mySticky) into the Custom class box of the grid item that you want to stick.

Hope that helps but let me know if not.

1 Like

That did the trick, awesome! Thank you

1 Like

I must have missed that one. Sounds useful.

2 Likes

Thanks! It is a handy little stack. I think i added it to the Addon pack when i was revamping the Source site as there were a few bits in that I was keen to use it for and was wanting to avoid third-party stacks.

Is used for both the ‘Limited time offer’ box and the sticky quotes on the Source homepage and also for the sticky column on the stacks overview page.

2 Likes

The perks of being a developer…

The developer says to himself, “I wish I could make my website do this.”
The developer answers himself, “I’ll just create a stack to do it.”
bahaha!! :)

1 Like

The perks of using Source. Stuart is unique in that he is a sharp web designer/builder and also a Stacks developer who creates stacks from his needs.

2 Likes