Suggestions for client password manager app

I don’t know about most of the issues you are facing but … sometime during the 7 series upgrades 1Password decided NOT to fully autofill. What I mean it version 7 will input username and password but not “click” the submit button. They did this on purpose since the manner of logins for various sites have really changed and the auto-click feature no longer serves several sites well. It took me by surprise, but it actually makes sense.

Here’s an article that may be useful about version 7. But this article does not focus on auto-fill:

Looks like it was set to show all items in preferences rather than suggestions. I seem to be doing an awful lot more clicking to login than with version 6. Also I just went to check out the Android version and discovered it’s the same as the one I already have installed that was previously purchased as a standalone.

I’ll keep playing and hopefully this will improve. So far it feels like a big step backwards.

I didn’t notice any major difference in operation when I moved to v7 except that the Mac menu bar app had got larger on the screen and a little less streamlined. I don’t use Android however and so perhaps the changes were more pronounced there. On iOS logging into web pages and apps is super quick and seamless.

An interesting aside on the subject of subscriptions and how they are taking over direct sales:
https://www.parkers.co.uk/car-leasing/advice/volvo-sales-to-be-50-subscription-based-by-2025

When i do a clean install the first app I download is 1Password. Yes I was a bit miffed they went subscription after I forked out for 6 and 7. As a business owner I went with the shared option or family plan so it costs me $60 bucks a year for me, the missus and a few others. Worth every penny.

Whenever they update it, it is always easier to use. I remember being annoyed that to copy to clipboard you had to click a little button and then with a new update you now just need to click the area - very responsive attention to detail.

I just checked and I have nearly 400 passwords in the vault. Most 32 digit and random. And when i install on a new machine it’s there verifying all my downloads and sign ups. Some subscriptions are worth it.

After that initial message saying not all the data had been copied over I looked inside 1Password and now find two vaults. The original primary vault stored on Dropbox has 1500 items and the new private vault has more than 2000. I’ve contacted Agile see what they say.

I’m still trying to work this out with Agile, but after sending in a diagnostic report they are partially blaming this on my using SuperDuper to an external drive for backups, saying that more than one copy on a computer will cause problems. This is ironic, because I’ve used the two apps side by side without issue since 2010 right up to the moment when I installed the new version.

1 Like