[UIkit] Update 3.1.0 and custom email templates

Custom template is a nice way of configuring our messages just the way we want. It’s available in the new version 3.1.0 via auto update or re-download from your Cartloom purchase. Here’s a detailed video about it:

4 Likes

Excellent addition @Lucas

For anyone interested, it seems you can formatted HTML with inline CSS to the template settings box, and first impressions are it renders correctly across the popular email clients, although more testing is required to check this 100%.

If you want to add a table to the email the form sends out, here is a simple way to do it.

1. Go here: https://divtable.com/table-styler/ and build your table.

2. Once complete, take the produced code and put it together into a simple “page” by opening a text editor and wrapping the css like this: <style> css here </style>. Then, below that add the html code wrapping the html like this: <body> code here </body>.

3. Once you’ve put the two bits of code together copy it and drop it into this page: https://templates.mailchimp.com/resources/inline-css/ and hit “CONVERT”.

4. Copy the new code and add it to the form template box in settings.

I’ve run some tests and it works fine. I’ve tested it in a few email clients and the html renders fine. I’ve used that inline converter loads of times in the past and have always found it produced highly compatible code.

I’m in the middle of making the store for the new UiKitter.com site at the moment, but once all that is done and launched I’ll make a how-to video for doing this and add it to the site.

4 Likes

Nice tip Steve @TemplateRepo

Only two years later…

Any suggestions for creating custom html emails for use in the Mac email app please? I have no idea how this works and I’m struggling to find tutorials that relate (I’m not a coder).

Thanks, Nick

Not sure what you mean:

I think my search has the wrong result - I’m trying to create pretty mailer newsletters in Mac mail to send to clients each month, avoiding the regular mailchimp and similar. You are creating great custom forms.

I don’t know if Mac Mail will handle inline CSS HTML, which is what you’ll need to build the newsletter using. But I do know that sending out a mailshot via a regular email client (like Mac Mail) is a really bad idea.

There are lots of reasons why, not least you’ll have no way to track what is happening or give recipients an easy way to unsubscribe in a recorded fashion (vital via GRPR). You will also most likely not have a suitable;le way to record how they got onto the mailing list in the first place.

Stick to using a proper email campaign app, like Mailchimp etc.

1 Like

Very good thoughts, thank you!

I completely overlooked the very affordable Direct Mail for Mac which I discovered last year and will do exactly what is needed.