UIkit3 Form: Custom Notification Containers?

I’ve only just spotted this option…

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 08.59.02

I’d assumed you just gave it an ID, then applied the same ID to some other element, like say a modal, and then upon successfully sending the form, the modal pops up. But that don’t seem to work.

I’ve tried all manner of things to get it to work, but failed. Anyone know what it’s purpose is and how I use it?

I don’t think this will work with Modal, but essentially with this setting you can get error notifications on a separate container instead of on the Form itself.

There must be an example of this on the Tests project.

Hi Lucas, I maybe have an older version of Test, but no demo of this feature in that.

I\ve tried various setups using custom notification container option, but can’t figure out how to use it, or what it does. Could you give me a quick rundown on using it?

Yes sure, I’ll back to my computer by Monday and will help you on this one.

An example of this can be found at the Tests project: https://uikitstacks.com/projects/tests/form/

There I’m using a separate container to display errors: for example you can use the Grid for this, on one Width you have the Form and on the other apply the ID Errors (or anything else). Enter Errors at the Form custom notification fields. Now hit submit without filling a required field: you’ll see the error phrase being displayed on that Width container.

Aha! Okay, now I see what you mean about custom error message.

But in the example in the tests project you are doing this not using the "Custom Notification Containers option, but another settings option further up, which I’d not spotted before. See screenshot.

So, what does the Custom Notification Containers option do? I’d assumed it enabled you to have the success/failure notification open in a specified container, opposed to the default popup, but as I said at the top, I can’t figure out how it works.

Thanks.

OK, scrap that, using the test, I’ve now managed to get the success/error message appearing in the same container as the error message you had setup in the demo.

This is a great feature, can’t believe I’d not spotted it before.

Shame it can’t open a modal though, that would be been really REALLY nice ;-)

But regardless, it’s a great feature, so thanks for the pointers.

Yep exactly!