Use of Artificial Intelligence in Web Design

It’s worth noting that nothing we’re seeing so far is AI generated. These are very sophisticated and intelligent responses to human queries, accessing a body of work (whether in images or writing) that humans have produced. It would be an even bigger step for AI systems to start generating their own materials, musing on the meaning of silicon life, or creating images from their own imaginations. Personally, I’m not convinced that will ever be possible.

At this stage, I’m much more interested in how we can use what we have here. For instance, if you fancy enlivening your website with, say, quirky flat-color illustrations, you can get Midjourney to produce some really stunning pieces. Illustrators will be, quite reasonably, upset. But I suspect most of us don’t have the budget to pay an illustrator $2000-3000 for, say, twelve illustrations. And just as RW/Stacks made it possible for us to do many of the things that corporations with big budgets were doing on the web, so AI can dramatically up our game again. Multi-language? Fluent pieces without Google Translate glitches are at our fingertips. In the next 12 months, while I’m waiting for StacksPro (let alone an AI powered website builder) there is a whole bunch of really exciting new stuff I can be doing on my sites. Even generating interesting new blog content has been supercharged.

1 Like

Absolutely to all. I think its marvellous. I’m finding that it is the ingredients that produce the most tasty results, meaning the more you craft your questions or criteria you get some amazing results, both Chat GPT and the image makers. I’ve found that my requests become almost literary pieces of their own.

I think the idea of ChatGPT has been around a long, long, long time, and even the Lord himself made a declaration of what would result.

“The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.” (Genesis‬ ‭11:6‬)

I think there will come a time when one language will exist, and that time may be now, where the one language is essentially what creates the Internet and all things related: html/css/markdown/php/code/coding/etc – and now ChatGPT – with its trend toward nonChristian beliefs/positions.

When the time comes that all people who lived before the Internet have died, I think people who never lived before the Internet, many if not most of them will come to believe the Internet is God. Already I can ask my Amazon Echo, “What’s the weather?”, and I receive an instantaneous answer.

Will there come a time when this is believed to be an answer to prayer?

Like all of you I’m writing this from a device that has a logo (and the word logo means Word) with a bite taken out of a piece of fruit.

“but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.” (Genesis 2:17)

Without taking the subject, too far off topic — I understand that the topic of religion is subjective to most people. Obviously to me, it’s a black-and-white issue.

The root of my comment about not having a heart and soul is the same difference between humanity and the rest of creation. One was created in the image of God, all the rest were and are not. Including, the Internet and all of the technology that is available on it.

I really don’t want this topic to get so far off track that we lose sight of the common grace of ChatGPT. It is just a tool. My comment was it’s a limited tool in regards to what I need/would like it to do.

But I have a lot of room to learn about how to use this tool. And for that, I thank you all for responding on my comments.

IMG_2295

5 Likes

😂🤣

It can be a pretty amazing tool - if asked the right questions.

I own the Reviews stack, but it didn’t provide the output my client needed. As a non-coder, I sought help from ChatGPT to integrate Google reviews into my website. And just like that, it worked! Initially, the setup involved PHP code on the server and HTML & JSON in my RW project, but Limelight required a URL for iFrame access. So, I had all the code compiled and executed from the server. I also instructed it to:

• Include the date
  • Display star ratings
  • Limit Google queries to once per week (This keeps the cost at zero, as Google charges based on the frequency of hits)

Keep in mind that my knowledge of PHP & JSON is as limited as my Chinese language skills (none at all). The entire process took about an hour. I’ll remove this page in a couple of weeks, but you can see the final result, which I’ll embed in my healthcare sites, here: reviews | MediaPressions

3 Likes

I think the sudden and rampant rise of AI is marred with an enormous amount of yet unpredicted problems – including civil rights, copyrights and privacy.

Some countries, like Italy, started blocking ChatGPT within its territory.

For those who are less enthusiastic and more skeptical, here is an interesting blog entry on Proton site:

9 Likes
1 Like