Wall Stack Facebook

I cannot get the facebook wall stack to work. I went to facebook developer site, I did not find the place where it says “3. Add a new HTML app (www)” as per the directions of that came with the Wall stack. I was able to get an Facebook ID and App Secret keys but they will not work when I plug them in Wall stack app. It works fine with the test Yuzool test Facebook ID and App Secret keys, but not with the one I create. Please advise.

Michael will be back in 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Im having the same problem… I have tried almost everything. I followed your steps for both twitter (dev.twitter.com/apps/new) and for youtube (code.google.com/apis/consol…. Where I created a project, but nothing seemed to work. I copied the codes. I have a screen shot if you would like to see it. Also the demo project worked, but I could not get mines to work.

@sadeer and @BigNealy - can you let me know more details…

I just added the Stack in a new project and changed the Max to “limit” and “3” and it works (wouldn’t otherwise as default was set for last 5 days and that RapidWeaver Central Facebook channel was updated longer period ago than that):

Let me know what you have tried and if personal data please message me through this forum :)

Thanks

The Facebook portion of the wall works fine with your default Facebook app id and secrete key, but when i add mine in their it does not seem to work. The step by step instructions provided don’t explain the current way to create a facebook app, ut just says say to create an html facebook app which seems to be no longer an option. My app id and secrete key does not seem to work. Nothing shows Can i just use your Facebook id and secrete key that comes with the stack?

1 Like

The Facebook portion of the wall works fine with your default Facebook app id and secrete key, but when i add mine in their it does not seem to work. The step by step instructions provided don’t explain the current way to create a facebook app, ut just says say to create an html facebook app which seems to be no longer an option. My app id and secrete key does not seem to work. Nothing shows Can i just use your Facebook id and secrete key that comes with the stack?

Yes you can and please use that

The Facebook UI changes often so it’s almost impossible to keep the manual up to date

But some people often post on blogs:

But sure - firstly swap and add your Facebook page and that should be fine with the default app id

for your credentials, it’s most likely just a case of not being “enabled” - so inside the Facebook account it needs the green light:

Ok great, thank you for letting me use your defaults for facebook (I kept trying my own id/ secret key for a while but could not get it to work). Can I use your Wall defaults on other stuff also YouTube, instagram, google, twitter, etc.?

1 Like

Sure @sadeer - and if any issues please add your own but should work with those defaults :)