wooCommerce shop inside RW seems possible with Axyn WP stack

@bret Thanks so much for letting us know about this!

Do you know about how long sales last on AppSumo?

Have you used Stackable Pro yourself? What key advantages do you see? (I have used Stackable free)

My pleasure. I only recently picked up Stackable Pro having only used the the free version with Blocksy. Below is a good comparison between free and pro.

Iā€™m not sure how long Stackable will be on AppSumo. Itā€™s been there a little more than a week already. It might leave after a month, or it might leave after it reaches a certain number of sales. The app developers decide how long they stay, and they infrequently disclose a dealā€™s duration.

@bret Again ā€¦ thanks so much! I have sent an email to Stackable with some questions but you may be able to clarify one issue. In the WordPress world the pricing is typically different from RW. Specifically the pricing is usually:

• price for one year of updates. After that year you can renew for more updates, or simply continue using what you have w/o any more updates
  • thereā€™s usually a price for ā€œunlimited updatesā€ which obviously goes beyond the 1 year

Stackable offers both these options in terms of regular purchases. Whatā€™s the agreement for the AppSumo deal: one year of updates or ā€œforeverā€ updates?

I do understand about purchasing for 1 site, 20 sites, etc. Just not sure whether the AppSumo deal offers any unlimited updates as an option: a bit tricky for me to tell from some of the wording there.

Happy to help. The AppSumo Stackable deal is as follows:

1. Buy 1 code. Use Stackable on three sites concurrently. Lifetime updates to Stackable.
  2. Buy 2 codes. Use Stackable on 10 sites concurrently. Lifetime updates to Stackable.
  3. Buy 3 codes. Use Stackable on 50 sites concurrently. Lifetime updates to Stackable.
  4. Buy 4 codes. Use Stackable on unlimited sites concurrently. Lifetime updates to Stackable.

All of them are lifetime updates? Wow, thatā€™s a great great deal!

1 Like

I never thought Iā€™d see wooCommerce in RW. Thatā€™s amazing!

1 Like

Hi @bret,

First of all thanks for the heads up on this dealā€¦

I re-read the Appsumo deal more than once and I donā€™t see the lifetime of updates, the wording is a bit vague on that specific topic. The closest thing to lifetime updates is ā€œAll future plan updatesā€. ??

Cheers,

Ricardo

Glad to help. Itā€™s definitely lifetime, ā€œLifetime access to Stackable - Page Builder Gutenberg Blocksā€

@peterdanckwerts I donā€™t sell anything ā€¦ but out of curiosity: are there advantages to WooCommerce compared to the various RW stacks?

Yes lifetime access, not updates. The wording is the same as in their website.

You can always continue to use Stackable after your license expires. You will just stop getting updates. The AppSumo deal is for a lifetime license.

I know you have some lingering doubts that I do not. I will not suggest that you to believe otherwise. However, if you think the price is a good value for lifetime updates, it may be worth your time to reach out to Stackable for confirmation .

It depends whether you can also import some of the other WordPress stuff. There are WP modules for selling all sorts of things. To give an example of something which would be useful to me: I am an Amazon affiliate and Amazon has something called One Click which means you can have one button which will take you to your local Amazon store. I signed up to that but Amazon changed the rules and wouldnā€™t allow me to use their API any longer because I wasnā€™t generating enough traffic. Well, there are, I believe, WP plugins which can achieve much the same without the Amazon API ā€“ actually, I might be wrong about that; the ones I have used require the API. On RW I could achieve much the same with Agent stacks but it would be very time-consuming.

Hi Bret,

I totally get it that you can continue to use it after the license expires. Iā€™ll be sending them a note asking if the lifetime deal also includes lifetime updates.

Again thanks for bringing the deal to our attention.

2 Likes

@peterdanckwerts Thanks for this added info.

@Ricardo Let us know what you find out. Iā€™ve heard good things about Stackable Pro (beyond Bret) so Iā€™m inclined to take the dive. First I have to finish up my semester work, then I can look more seriously at this offer.

Will do!

Oxygen Builder, with Oxygen builder you can build your own Gutenberg Blocks.

2 Likes

Yes - WooCommerce is free to get, is subscription free, highly robust and is very full featured. Because it is database driven it is very easy to see all sales, customer details, whatā€™s pending, whatā€™s completed, what is cancelled / refunded etc etc all in one place. It supports coupons, separate pricing for B2B / Bulk, discounts at a certain spend, free shipping at certain spend, complex shipping / postage, cheque payments, cash payments, collection instead of delivery and whole host of other stuff. Itā€™s really a full featured e-commerce shop without the monthly spend.

2 Likes

@Manofdogs Thanks. Great explanation and I can certainly see why there would be excitement at being able to use WooCommerce within RW projects!

Yes, we use on about 12 WP sites and it really is very good. I may well look at bringing into my RW projects also.

1 Like

I think Matthiasā€™ demo shown here is best to be taken as an early proof of concept demonstration and all credit to Axyn for this clever application and Matthias for actually doing it.

Running a whole WP site inside a RW page will however, have many drawbacks, but I see this as haviung many applications for accessing tools and services that are otherwise not available to RW users.

For example, this could be used I believe, but have yet to prove it, to add a Search bar for a service such as a Holiday Home rental search, property search, online shop search, booking system, etc., where only the search bar would exist on a RW page. When such a search bar would be used, it would then launch into a 100% WP site that exists on the same server as the RW pages. I.e. 2 distinct sets of pages, RW pages and WP pages. Doing it this way, an online shop search for a product would then jump out of the RW page into the WP pages and list all of the matching search products. Each product would have itā€™s own SEO and URL.

Using a blank Elementor theme with just an Elementor container for the search bar in the RW page, should work in the Axyn stack, and then a set of Elementor pages for the Search results and Product pages together with a navigation and footer information, could then provide the navigation between the 2 sets of pages. If the styling is matched well this should be seamless for users.

2 Likes