Rapidweaver Classic announced

You can confidently have RW create new project versions as it creates a copy leaving the previous file untouched.

I’m running RW9 but will keep RW8 until something better comes along.

In terms of performance, I can see no discernible difference between 8 and 9, preview just as crap as before :-)

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call it RW9 😄

😆L🚨M💥A🔥O😂 that’s good to know!

It felt like that, at least for me. Good to know it wasn’t happening.

Wow. At the end it’s clear who’s who in this battle. Why create complications to your friend just because he’s trying to build something based on his own creation? (Because of this type of comment I get the angry replies)

Hold on, I didn’t say it didn’t happen. I’m not a mod here, so I’ve no idea what does or doesn’t happen. I was really just calling you out on your wild claim.

2 Likes

thanks for the info, Geoff

LOL, fair enough.

🤔 RW8 The Sequel? RW9 The New One, Same as The Old One? RW Classic Strategy for Annual Income?

I’m not having a dig - I’ve used RW since its early days (way before Stacks). RealMac is absolutely right to develop an income stream other than grouped discount sales and occasional version updates. I’m guessing it will allow Dan to plan ahead and spend time developing his app(s) and support.

Over time, RW has kept me both relevant as a designer (when employed) and my freelance creative work from RW+Stacks has given me a healthy income.

Importantly, RW has also given us all the opportunity to make the acquaintance of amazing devs and facilitators like Isaiah, Tav, Joe and many others. They take on our ideas for new Stacks, or additions and improvements - and make them happen.

These guys provide us with unique tools to break free of the constraints that hamper other white-page web design apps. Because of Stacks, we all tolerate the well-documented limitations within the RW app itself.

Like many of us, I’ve tried most of the alternatives over time but return to RW absolutely because of the unique Stacks environment.

Stacks is the bright, unruly teenager who has stayed at home too long. Time to get from behind mother’s skirts.

7 Likes