Recommended single framework?

No, it’s not that easy. It depends on how the stacks/framework developer divided the js files, and how he added them to stacks or the RW theme file.

To my observation, there will be one consolidated file per page, and not for the whole site.

Which again proves my point of RW being not a site design tool, but page design tool. If not properly developed, the user won’t be able to benefit from the browser cache.

Good point.

RM have never been focused on web performance or error free code.

Which is also a shame because that is where they could demonstratably prove that they are " The Best Mac Website Builder".

Looking forward to StacksApp doing this properly.

2 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Use of Artificial Intelligence in Web Design

Why don’t you just stay with Foundry 2?

Not much of a choice. However he’s no longer supporting.

I’m just going off of this quote. And no longer developing is different from no longer supporting.

But that’s beside the point, i guess. Foundation 6 didn’t click with me right away for whatever reason (and I didn’t put in the effort to figure it out). I always thought Foundry was more user-friendly but had some trade-offs in how flexible it was. Less so with V3 maybe…

Blocs might be an option for you?

Not much of a choice. However he’s no longer supporting.

I have no idea what this means. Foundry 2’s extensive documentation is still available. As far as I know Adam and other folks can still help with 2.

F2 documentation, including videos, are here:

… besides if you used v2 and it did what you want then presumably you already know how to use it well. So support needs would be minimal for a version 2 veteran like yourself.

Why not use a tool you are already comfortable with?

2 Likes

Hi, I am using Foundry as a professional web designer. I have many Foundry 2 projects which I will keep at Foundry 2. Adam will still support Foundry 2 and I am pretty sure important fixes will be supplied as well.

Foundry 3: This is a game changer for my work. Yes, it is true I do needed some time to get my head around it. And I am 54 years old and also was brought up using Pixels. Or even mm and cm with good old QuarkXPress.

But after using it for a few weeks now, I can get my work actually done faster. The code is not as “heavy” and from my experience I think Google likes F3 better.

So, is it worth the effort? Yes.
Do the sites adjust better to different screen sizes? Yes.
Has my work improved? Definitely yes.
Are my clients happy? Yes

8 Likes