Two erros in Chrome, help!

This page is getting two errors in Chrome, but I can’t work out why.

Anyone able to help?

Looks like some scripts/assets are loading from “clientservices” domain. Loads of errors in Safari related to content security policy.

Any idea what/why is being blocked from ci-clientservices.com? That’s one of my domains and it’s where the script loading the hire system is coming from. CORS setup correctly, I think.

This might not be related, but there’s something related to clientservices and Foundry. Is the site Foundry or Foundation? It looks like there’s a mix?

The Bike Spanner site is foundation. The ci-clientservices domain has lots of sites on it, made with Foundation and Foundry, but the folder where the script is store is just a bunch of php scripts, no frameworks etc.

Curious as to where the reference to Foundry is coming in?

And thanks for the help!

It appears to be loading Foundry Icon Text from the url https://www.ci-clientservices.com/bbh/index.php?controller=pjAdmin&action=pjActionIndex

Ahh, hold on, shit. The page is Foundation, but it does use the Foundry Icon stack to add that little padlock (bottom left image), which links to the page on clientservices you put above.

I’ll nip in and change it, back

soon.

OK, I’ve pulled the Foundry Icon stack and replaced with BP2. I’ve deleted he page from the server and republished, so hopefully, that’s dumped the Foundry stuff. Still getting loads of errors though, so all help still greatly appreciated.

If you use Foundation and Foundry, it can be very difficult to work out what stacks are being used on a page. The header and Paragraph stacks are a good example as they have exactly the same name. Another example is having a mix of TotalCMS and EasyCMS stacks on a page and I find it far from easy to know whats on the page.

@isaiah It would be a great feature if there could be a way to identify what stacks added to a page, are used on a page and to provide some basic information such as stack name, developer name and version number. I am sure his would cut down on some support issues and help to identify what has been used on a page.

2 Likes

The Foundry thing is fixed.

You just need to start ripping stuff out of the project file and then checking for errors in Safari Dev Tools each time you remove something. This is a classic debugging situation and this approach will quickly get you to the source of the problem.

We are only taking about minutes of effort here to find the issue.

1 Like

Froim what I can tell, it’s a safari bug.

The error message is “The source list for Content Security Policy directive ‘script-src’ contains an invalid source: ‘‘strict-dynamic’’. It will be ignored.”

There are pages and pages on Google about it. I don’t think the problem is my end. But happy to discover otherwise.

Unless the user specifically turns this off, all the above is written to the <head> of the page.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that that could be turned off.

I know you can see a list there, but it would be handy to be able to get this information from edit mode. So for example if I have a mix of TCMS and EasyCMS on a page, the user can’t easily work out what’s on the page and where the TCMS one is on an EasyCMS page. With so many stacks using the same name from different devs, e.g. HeaderPlus, it is a growing issue. The other issue is that depending where a stack like HeaderPlus is used, the Edit view could just display Header, because the full name has been truncated due to lack of width or it’s in a partial.

I would rather have less features added that could possibly slow down edit mode.

If you want a ‘scan’ type feature that makes a list then surely this is what preview does in the head.

I know, people can’t be expected to use the inspector but perhaps if the page is so complicated that they cannot tell what stacks they have added and they cannot inspect the output then this is just Darwinism at its best.

Also remember that even if a stack has the same name then it’s id will be different and all a user has to do is to click select it and the library pane will give the title, subtitle etc etc

A list sounds appealing but I question how much help it would really be if the page is that complicated. The only way to find out what’s what is really as above; go through stack by stack, click on them and read off the info.

2 Likes

Can it be turned off?

Yes, in Stacks prefs under HTML. Uncheck “Stack Metatags”. I always do it.

Cool. Thanks.

Please don’t encourage people to turn it off in general though. It makes debugging harder for devs.

There is no real reason to turn it off except to make it look like you don’t use RW to your clients - which of course doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

I hand code all my sites, as of today.

And making life harder for devs is what I live for.

:-)

Saying that, can’t find the setting anyway. So maybe I actually need all the help I can get.

:-(

1 Like