Great New Platform

@Piggles I’m glad you’ve had a laugh. There are too many serious and angry posts online so I thought a bit of mindless banality was more fun.

2 Likes

Love the ‘platform’!!

1 Like

Ironically, the most banal shite online is that which the angry posters take so seriously.

1 Like

Always good to have a proper German ladder at home !

3 Likes

@tav for you, shouldn’t there be safety rails on all four sides ;-)

LOL ! LOL ! - Thanks Andrew, I needed a good laugh. It’s a great platform to oversee the ducks and take a dive in the pond, if one is so inclined.

Got to love the English rie humor :)

Bill

i have never felt the stupid american more than today

A post was merged into an existing topic: FIGHT: Ivory Black vs Steve Bee

You’ve spent the day feeling up Trump?

@isaiah These are the types of shenanigans folks get up to while waiting for the Stacks 4 public beta!

1 Like

Blame it on Brexit, I guess… And indigestion, perhaps… And Trump, of course…

Not at all - having fun is about laughing with people not at people.

Next weeks banter topic is a debate of great linguisto-philsophical importance. Watch this space.

2 Likes

So about boobs then?

First the hairy pussies and now rapid erection. What has become of our platform?

Haven’t you heard? It’s Great New Platform!

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: FIGHT: Ivory Black vs Steve Bee

This video comes to mind:

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here.

leverage

verb

leveraged; leveraging

Definition of leverage (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb

1 : to provide (something, such as a corporation) or supplement (something, such as money) with leveragealso : to enhance as if by supplying with financial leverage

2 : to use for gain : EXPLOITshamelessly leverage the system to their advantage— Alexander Wolff

Dictionaries reflect changes in language as used. By campaigning to cause such things to fall out of use we can remove them from the dictionary.
Levers and leverage are scientifically defined terms that have been bastardised by the SoCal tech hipsters.
To leverage is really to lever, verbalising the noun is an extra redundant step.

In addition, the common computing use of leverage related to the use of external code or “libraries”

We are leveraging Stacks.

NO
We are using Stacks
Or
We are making use of Stacks.

This is the core of the ambiguity message of this post.
If someone can explain how leverage is a more clear and more suitable term then I am all ears.